Montreal GT meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #31 of 76
Quote:
I know dleblanc in real life... He works at one of the audio shops. I went in to talk to him. He'd probably be down to go.
I'll have to chat with my parents since I'm pretty sure they won't want me doing anything the entire school year, even if it is the first week of school >.>

He has some neat headphones I'd love to try :D, let's convince him.

Oh that's an issue! and a huge one. I'll see what I can do on my side, but I can't arrive in the residence during the week end days and the 17 might be too early.

Jul 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #32 of 76
He has some neat headphones I'd love to try :D, let's convince him.

Oh that's an issue! and a huge one. I'll see what I can do on my side, but I can't arrive in the residence during the week end days and the 17 might be too early.

Unless we find another place to do it? Though yours would be awfully convenient.

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #33 of 76
You mean you (or your mom! :p) would prefer to have a spot closer to where you live in the city? I don't see that as a problem, any room with current will do. Head-Fi meets can also happen in regular houses too.

I was proposing UdeM because it's the only place I know of on the island, so it's quite a random spot when you think of it, lol

(oh and if you intended to choose "another place" for me to be able to join before the 17; frankly, I don't even think I would be able to reach Québec city :/ )

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #34 of 76
You mean you (or your mom! :p) would prefer to have a spot closer to where you live in the city? I don't see that as a problem, any room with current will do. Head-Fi meets can also happen in regular houses too.

I was proposing UdeM because it's the only place I know of on the island, so it's quite a random spot when you think of it, lol

(oh and if you intended to choose "another place" for me to be able to join before the 17; frankly, I don't even think I would be able to reach Québec city :/ )

It's not that, it's just my parents go into lockdown mode when school starts and my availability plummets. I'll talk to them tomorrow and make sure they agree to let me out that weekend.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #35 of 76
Your class begins on September 17th? A Friday? That's just plain weird. Are you sure it's not one of those "teacher availability" days? I got 3 of those before my classes begin on September 4th.

I don't really have restrictions for which day we can meet, but keep in mind that I am restricted by the bus schedule. I'm estimating 2h of transport just to get there, and another 2h to get back home. That's 4 hours of transport in a single day, so I'd like to at least stay the whole day in Montreal, to make the most of it.

Here's the windows in which I will be able to stay in Montreal:

Sunday : 11h to 19h
Saturday : 10h to 19h
Week day : 8h to 22h

Those are rough estimates, given that everything goes well. I should also fit some time in there for a meal. Preferably I think it would be nice if we at least had one whole afternoon for the meet.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #36 of 76
Your class begins on September 17th? A Friday? That's just plain weird. Are you sure it's not one of those "teacher availability" days? I got 3 of those before my classes begin on September 4th.

I don't really have restrictions for which day we can meet, but keep in mind that I am restricted by the bus schedule. I'm estimating 2h of transport just to get there, and another 2h to get back home. That's 4 hours of transport in a single day, so I'd like to at least stay the whole day in Montreal, to make the most of it.

Here's the windows in which I will be able to stay in Montreal:

Sunday : 11h to 19h
Saturday : 10h to 19h
Week day : 8h to 22h

Those are rough estimates, given that everything goes well. I should also fit some time in there for a meal. Preferably I think it would be nice if we at least had one whole afternoon for the meet.

Err... I'm fairly certain we were talking about August?
I start august 20th.

Jul 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #39 of 76
Hey guys thanks for luring me into this thread! I'd love to come to the meet. I'd bring my HD800/HE500/T50RP Paradox/IE8. And hopefully I'll have either the Mjolnir or Bryston BHA-1 before the meet! For now it's schiit bifrost and hifiman ef-6 but won't be able to bring that monster of an amp with me!

Who's the main organizer?

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 12, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #40 of 76
Hey guys thanks for luring me into this thread! I'd love to come to the meet. I'd bring my HD800/HE500/T50RP Paradox/IE8. And hopefully I'll have either the Mjolnir or Bryston BHA-1 before the meet! For now it's schiit bifrost and hifiman ef-6 but won't be able to bring that monster of an amp with me!

Who's the main organizer?

I would have to say devouringone3 is the main organizer.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #41 of 76
Yep, because so far we're doing it at my University... I will make an official thread for it as soon as we have fixed the date issue.

I need to know when the show representations end where I work, but it might become more difficult if they want me to do security on top of that, which I did for them last year. I have no one to replace me in mind really, and they know that I start school only on the 27th.

Jul 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #42 of 76
Yep, because so far we're doing it at my University... but we haven't fixed the date issue yet :/, for me or for Glitched.

I need to know when the show representations end where I work, but it might become more difficult if they want me to do security on top of that, which I did for them last year. I have no one to replace me in mind really, and they know that I start school only on the 27th.

Well I can try for the 25th/26th.
That should work with you right?

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #44 of 76
So I filled out my time off request forms and told my parents so I should be good to go for the 25th/26th
I'd prefer the 25th if we're going to be spending a late night downtown ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back