Montreal GT meet
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #46 of 76
Hi Everybody,

I would like to participate in a headfier meet in Montreal. I am living in Montreal.

dleblanc343 and rattesp are comming to my house friday. We gonna compare our gears.

I have a Wyred4Sound DAC-2, a Bryston BHA-1 head amp, Audeze LCD-2 with aftermarket Norse Norn v2 cable all in balanced mode.

Also, I am an Operations Manager for a law firm in Montreal so if the room at the university doesn't work, I could probably reserve a conference room for us.

Regards.

P.S. I am french canadian.

Steve

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #47 of 76
Hey neat, didn't know we had meets here. I'll probably be there with a friend or two and some pretty special IEMs.

Jul 17, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #48 of 76
Quote:
Hey neat, didn't know we had meets here. I'll probably be there with a friend or two and some pretty special IEMs.

I might tag along with the quoted fellow above me. got ATH-AD900, ATH-CK100 and AMB Gamma2 (USB DAC). unfortunately no amp since I haven't received the parts for it yet (AMB M^3) but they might just get here and be built in time.

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #49 of 76
Hi Everybody,

I would like to participate in a headfier meet in Montreal. I am living in Montreal.

dleblanc343 and rattesp are comming to my house friday. We gonna compare our gears.

I have a Wyred4Sound DAC-2, a Bryston BHA-1 head amp, Audeze LCD-2 with aftermarket Norse Norn v2 cable all in balanced mode.

Also, I am an Operations Manager for a law firm in Montreal so if the room at the university doesn't work, I could probably reserve a conference room for us.

Regards.

Steve

Sounds good =]
I'm thinking more the 25th
When and where do you guys want to meet?

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #50 of 76
Quote:
Hi Everybody,

Regards.

Steve

Okay guys, basically I need to tell you that I might still be working on the day of the 25th, so I'm not sure anymore if I'll even make it on time to assist (I'd say it's a 50/50 chance)... So I'm very glad you just chimed in, Lappy, because it looks like you have a "better bet" for a room for a meet than I have.

Donc je crois que ça sera mieux pour tout le monde, surtout pour moi, si on peut profiter de ton opportunité de la salle de conférence (dont je recommende vraiment qu'on profite :).

I just private messaged every Montréal&arounder Head-Fiers I could find, about 25 of them.

My gear is very much classic stuff, vintage Grados, HP2i, and HPA-1 amplifier, ADL-Furutech GT40.

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #51 of 76
Hi all,

I don't really know how this kind of GT really works usually but taking in consideration that a law firm is a highly confidential environment, I would like to keep it to a maximum of ten participants.

To have the right to receives people on a week-end at my work (still have to ask but should be OK), I have to make sure to my boss that I will have a perfect control of the crowd. I don't want to be a pain but it is what it is. You certainly understand that.

If you think that it will be way more people than that who will like to attend, then we will have to find another place.

So if it's OK and after confirmation of the room, I will take the first ten peoples that confirmed their presence.

August 25th works for me.

Let me know.

Steve

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #53 of 76
Hi all,

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I moved to Montreal a while ago, and would love to come out to the next meet.  If anyone is planning one please let me know! I can bring my Stax setup (currently SR-404LE / SRM-006t).

Cheers,
Sameer

Dec 31, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #54 of 76
Yay more Stax! If we're lucky we'll have two set of Stax at the next meet. Woot!

I was thinking maybe doing something during the March break, though I doubt many people would be available for a meet in the middle of a school term. Maybe a small get together, but not a meet like what we had in August. I think once a year for a meet is enough to keep the event special and attract as many people as possible.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #55 of 76
Haaah, a vintage Parasound DAC and 404s? Clearly, you have excellent taste.
biggrin.gif

I blew my power transformer like a moron so I'm going to try building an SR-X in the coming month. My DAC's acting up too but I'm not too sure what to do about that. :/

March sounds good though! Salon Son & Image is then so I'm sure we could work around that!

Jan 1, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #58 of 76
Quote:
I live here too and have waiting for one to happen.  Maybe there will be one this year.
gs1000.gif

There was one in August! And it was great too. The bar is high, and it'll be quite something if the next meet gets even better. I have a few points on which we can improve, but honestly I'll still be impressed if the next meet is as great as the last one.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/618928/impressions-montr-al-august-25th-2012-head-fi-meet

One of the points is chose another brand to be represented by the cake. 
biggrin.gif

hahaha

Feb 17, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #59 of 76
So... who's going to Salon son et image next month? Looking at the list of brands (http://www.salonsonimage.com/EN/Visitors/brands.html) that will be there, we have:
Audeze
Beyerdynamic
Grado
Sennheiser
STAX :)
Woo Audio - actually an exhibitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back