Monster Turbine Pro
Mar 11, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #302 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are open back after all.

If you put your thumb over the Copper when you are wearing them you can hear the sound darken quite a bit.

I think that is how they acheive such nice low bass without sounding muffled yet keep their spacious clarity. What a cool design!

Too bad about the isolation. Maybe that's why they tried to come up with new tips for the Pros.

Mar 11, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #303 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad about the isolation. Maybe that's why they tried to come up with new tips for the Pros.

He wasn't commenting on the isolation.

Depending on the tips used (and, of course, a good fit) the isolation can vary from excellent (gel supertips) to average (normal stock tips).

I'd say the Auvio tips, which are very open, are probably slightly below average in isolation on the MTPs but the sound quality is very good, depending what you are looking for.

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #304 of 335
Just picked up a pair of golds from J&R for 199.99. As much as I tried, I couldn't get comfortable with my Custom 3s. I'm loving them so far. Just trying to find the right tips. The large supertips are great, but my left ear starts to hurt after a few minutes. With the large regular tips, I get no pain, but a bit less isolation.

Mar 11, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #305 of 335
im fed up with monster now. i sent them my defective golds 9 days ago and have gotten no info about when i will be getting a new pair..they said it would be a few days and still nothing. i shipped them to another part of cali which takes roughly 1 day and still nothing.... there customer service is terrible...i was on hold for roughly an hour and a half also just to try and set up me returning my defective product....i dont mean to rant im just fed up

Mar 12, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #306 of 335
I put up a review of the Monster Turbine Pro Gold (MTPG) for EarphoneSolutions who were kind enough to send me a review sample. I can't find a direct link to the review, so just click on the "review" tab on this page: Monster Turbine PRO In-Ear Speakers - GOLD

Thanks!

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #307 of 335
Nice review Larry. I still have my IE8 as well as these and I like them both but find myself leaning more towards these than the IE8. The midbass of the IE8 is just a bit to much for me whereas these are just right especially with my Ipod which I can't EQ quite right due to it only having presets. With these I can just leave it flat and they sound very nice. But I am still deciding if I will get rid of my IE8 or not and also whether I will keep these (at $290CAN they are a bit more expensive than what you fine folk in the US are getting them for).

Mar 12, 2010 at 6:54 AM Post #308 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice review Larry. I still have my IE8 as well as these and I like them both but find myself leaning more towards these than the IE8. The midbass of the IE8 is just a bit to much for me whereas these are just right especially with my Ipod which I can't EQ quite right due to it only having presets. With these I can just leave it flat and they sound very nice. But I am still deciding if I will get rid of my IE8 or not and also whether I will keep these (at $290CAN they are a bit more expensive than what you fine folk in the US are getting them for).

If I hadn't lost my W3 and wanted another pair badly, I might not have traded the IE8 because they were fantastic with my ALO Amphora amp. But that was the ONLY amp I could truly appreciate the IE8 with (the Vivid V1 and Icon Mobile helped but not to this degree). Now I have a W3 I carry in my pocket everywhere, and #82/333 of the W3 Limited as a spare that I use at home.

But I can enjoy the MPTG with any amp or no amp, and even though they can't match the IE8 when on the Amphora they beat the IE8 with any other amp or iPod. I would never have predicted that Monster would build a top tier IEM like this because the Turbine at CanJam was just average with my iMod/P-51. And now everyone is raving about the more expensive Copper and the Gold is being ignored. I wouldn't ignore the Gold, especially now that it dropped from $279 to $235.

Mar 16, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #310 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im fed up with monster now. i sent them my defective golds 9 days ago and have gotten no info about when i will be getting a new pair..they said it would be a few days and still nothing. i shipped them to another part of cali which takes roughly 1 day and still nothing.... there customer service is terrible...i was on hold for roughly an hour and a half also just to try and set up me returning my defective product....i dont mean to rant im just fed up

just today i finally received an email back after 2 weeks telling me they are out of stock till mid to end of april....i sent them in over 2 weeks ago.....no joke this is the worst customer service i have ever received
angry_face.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #311 of 335
I dont understand why a company like monster would have such bad customer service yet provide top products. It seems like I just keep hearing bad stories on there support and warranty services.

Jul 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #312 of 335
Wow, I had a different experience all together.  My Copper's right earphone separated and I had to send them back.  The hold times were less than 10 minutes the three times I called.  I called to set up the RMA, then twice more for updates.  The turn around wasn't bad either. It only took 11 days total from start to finish, and most of those days were lost due to them shipping them via Fed Ex Ground.  They received them on the 15th and shipped them out on the 20th.  I received them on the 26th.  I have no complaints really, other than being without them period.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #313 of 335
I used the phone and like Joeyrusso had about a 10 minute wait but after that I dealt with one person via email as I sent in my invoice and it was all done quickly. I am told I will be about 12 weeks to get the IEM but thats to do with the time it will take to go through customs and such, but I haven't got them back yet so I can't say for sure what the RMA process will ultimately be like.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #314 of 335
12 weeks is a bit excessive imo. I had nothing but good things with their CS. I talked to their CS and including waiting on hold it probably was around 20 minutes total. I send in my Coppers and got them back and the entire process took a bit less than 2 weeks. One person's experience does not mean their entire CS is horrible. You need a much bigger sample than that.

Jul 27, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #315 of 335

Quote:
I dont understand why a company like monster would have such bad customer service yet provide top products. It seems like I just keep hearing bad stories on there support and warranty services.

Most people here have had good to very good experiences with monster customer service--including me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back