Monster Turbine Pro
Jun 12, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #31 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by extrabigmehdi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@sachu

So you put the Maximo 590, quite above the Turbine ?
I find funny that in an other thread someone said exactly the contrary.

Jant71 said:

In this thread

Conclusion: it's hard to make any choice by just reading this forum
biggrin.gif

I test stuff with multiple sources and I have sources that range from colder to neutral to warmer. I then average them out. Synergies can be tricky. I'm sure that people will rate the 590 higher and some lower than I do depending on ears and gear. IMO, I think it safe to say the Maximo's could run with the Turbines. I feel they are closer to the $100 ones then the $40 ones.

I do like the 590 best with UE single flange tips and added treble. They do lack in the high end against the likes of Phonak/CK10/RE0 type phones but those all have top level treble extension and quality. Have not heard the Turbines but I doubt they have some of the really better treble out there. So, with the right synergy I can certainly see a person saying they beat the Turbines. CNET gave the 590's a five out of ten for performance which would be an example below me. So, we already have above me and below me impressions. That's why the info is a guide and you do the best with it but it's not 100% accurate by any means.

Back on the Turbine Pro. If they send out samples like the first model, I'd sign up and see what their about.

I think if they want to call them Pro they should look less bling and more professional. The gold is a bit tacky. Didn't remember that the Turbines don't have a cord slider. That should be be standard for all the $50 and up stuff now.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #33 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I test stuff with multiple sources and I have sources that range from colder to neutral to warmer. I then average them out. Synergies can be tricky. I'm sure that people will rate the 590 higher and some lower than I do depending on ears and gear. IMO, I think it safe to say the Maximo's could run with the Turbines. I feel they are closer to the $100 ones then the $40 ones.

I do like the 590 best with UE single flange tips and added treble. They do lack in the high end against the likes of Phonak/CK10/RE0 type phones but those all have top level treble extension and quality. Have not heard the Turbines but I doubt they have some of the really better treble out there. So, with the right synergy I can certainly see a person saying they beat the Turbines. CNET gave the 590's a five out of ten for performance which would be an example below me. So, we already have above me and below me impressions. That's why the info is a guide and you do the best with it but it's not 100% accurate by any means.

Back on the Turbine Pro. If they send out samples like the first model, I'd sign up and see what their about.

I think if they want to call them Pro they should look less bling and more professional. The gold is a bit tacky. Didn't remember that the Turbines don't have a cord slider. That should be be standard for all the $50 and up stuff now.

perhaps not better treble when compared the ck10 for instance which i find the most smoothly beautiful treble in the business. however, the turbine have a better balance than many other high end dynamics or treble though their mids are not as good some of the competition

Jun 12, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #35 of 335
I would love to test these if they do that kind of thing this time around
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll write up a review
wink.gif

They do look quite blingy to me but it's not all bad.

Jul 14, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #39 of 335
I was enjoying my Turbines this afternoon, and I thought, "I wonder what's up with the Turbine Pros..." Seems about a month has passed with no new info -- but they should, if earlier reports are correct, be made available before August. Given how well the original Turbines hit the spot for me, I'm certainly interested in hearing what the Pros have to offer. Also curious to see what these "newly designed tips" are all about...

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #41 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, July has come and gone and no MT Pros. I wonder what August will bring????

Me too! I'm anxiously awaiting some sort of news.

Jul 31, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #42 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me too! I'm anxiously awaiting some sort of news.

They're probably late because after they went in production, Monster realized that the Gold color was not a good decision, so they sent them all back to China to be hand painted back in another color
wink.gif

But yeah, even tho I won't buy those anytime soon, I was awaiting their release and comments from current owners of the Turbine.

I used the Turbine in several flights last weekend and they were fantastic at blocking noise when using the standard tips with a Comply foam decored underneath them!

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #44 of 335
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now available for pre-order at Amazon

Nice find! Amazon still doesn't have the product's official picture it seems. Still, $250, bit expensive. Now where's my review pair?
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #45 of 335
LOL yet another rip off product from monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back