Monster Turbine Pro Gold + iPhone 3gs
Oct 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sludog1

New Head-Fier

I'm lookin at gettin a good quality set of  IEMs for use with my iphone 3gs and needed some advice. 
basically new to the whole audio world, and i appreciate any advice. 
on the recommendations of head-fi'ers, I recently got myself some denon d2000s and they are perfect for my listening tastes; lovin them. 

I got the majority of my library up to flac or 320s but would it be a waste to plug the MTP into an iphone?  could the iphone drive 'em properly?  are iem's really that hard to drive?  if the iphones no good, what would be a good portable?

(again, see line 2)

Thanks for any advice

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 3
The iPhone should be fine in driving them. Some IEMs like the ER-4S / RE0 are harder to drive, but I think the MTP-G should sound fine straight out of the headphone out.

If you want to look for a good portable, have a look at the Cowon J3 / S9 or the Nationite S:flo2

Oct 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #3 of 3
cool, thanks for the reply.  appreciate it.  I'll def be checkin out those portables you mentioned.
that J3 looks to be pretty sweet, I've been readin up on it the last 2 days.  I'd like to keep jus the iphone n a good set of iem, but dont really want to invest in a good set if the iphone will only bring out half of what they are actually capable of. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back