Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 16, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,171 of 1,752
Shigzeo has been pm'd!

Mochan, I'm not worried about an amp being able to run the Coppers. I figure most amps will be able to do that just fine however the main issue here is silence. I really want to try and find an amp that will do so silently, no hiss or clicks or other noise that crops up during silence in songs or at other times when listening.

Jun 16, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #1,172 of 1,752
I've been having some bad luck lately for iem's. The housing where the copper and silver color meet has been coming apart slowly if that makes sense. The rep here said it was isolated to a couple units since the early batch had some glue issues. I'll be sending them in on Friday and hopefully getting it back in around 2 weeks which mean I have to redo the burn in process =T Ah well..it was right after I finished the review that I noticed it too and luckily doesn't affect sound. This is why you have multiple pairs of phones in situations like this..or rather I get my e-Q7 back on Friday so I ship it then.

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #1,173 of 1,752
Are you guys wearing yours over the ears or down?  I seem to have fewer (well, no) issues with the eartips when I wear them down - but it is a bit less comfortable (imho).

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #1,174 of 1,752
review posted. http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497735/review-monster-turbine-pro-copper

@mesasone: I can wear them both but I typically do over the ear unless I'm sitting down and don't want to bother with over

Jun 17, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #1,175 of 1,752
They have landed. 5 min listen, large silicones (1 pair of small supertips? whats the point in that!)
Anyway these have potential, time to get the burn in started.

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #1,176 of 1,752
Great choice!

Also, try emailing Monster, they'll give you whatever size Supertips you need or are missing.

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #1,177 of 1,752
Hi MM, I just sent soundmatters12 a pm and hopefully I will get some. I was also missing the tip circle holder but maybe that was just for the reviewers? (not bothered about that).

Currently have them on  burn in with erm (dweaver`s I think) noise file.

Jun 17, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #1,178 of 1,752

Quote:
Hi MM, I just sent soundmatters12 a pm and hopefully I will get some. I was also missing the tip circle holder but maybe that was just for the reviewers? (not bothered about that).

Currently have them on  burn in with erm (dweaver`s I think) noise file.

The holder will be sent with the  five sizes of hybrid foam tips and five sizes of silicon super tips , the phones should already have the large supertips on them and small size in the packet

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #1,179 of 1,752
So my review is just about finished and will be posted no later than Monday/Tuesday next week. I am holding off as I am meeting with another Head-fi member tomorrow so I can have a listen to a pair of Miles Davis MTP's as I want to see how similar or different my review pair of MTPC sound to them as compared to my bought pair of MTPC. My review is going to be as much about the differences I am hearing as about the Copper's though so it will be completely different from anything I have ever done. I just hope it will make sense since it's so complex. I may ask a couple of head-fi members to preview this monster (pun intended) to help me tie all the pieces together. One thing is for sure it's been an exhausting but fun process doing this and has opened my eyes to just how much burnin can affect an IEM.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #1,180 of 1,752
^ I'd be really anticipating some comparisons between the Miles Davis and Copper. MD sounded really great the last time I heard them, although they are not my taste. Hopefully by this weekend I can do some small comparisons between the Sm3, FX and MD.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #1,182 of 1,752
I actually owned the Golds for a while before I got the Copper's. I was not able to do a direct A/B test though so can only go by memory. The biggest difference I can say from memory is the extended treble of the Copper vs. the gold. I feel their bass is pretty similar and the midrange of the Gold's I had is very similar to my bought pair of Copper's. I have to say I am partially comparing the MD's so I simply don't have an urge to get a pair simply from curiosity. I will add some comments about all three MTP's in my review since I will have heard them all.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #1,183 of 1,752
I took down some notes when I had the Coppers, MD's and Golds all together at the same time for 2 hours or so a couple months ago. I found that the MD's and Golds were more similar than the MD and the Coppers. It helps that the MD's were quite warm which I found the Golds to be as well.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #1,184 of 1,752

Quote:
I'd say the Golds would be a better comparison than the Coppers to the MD's.

Quote:
I actually owned the Golds for a while before I got the Copper's. I was not able to do a direct A/B test though so can only go by memory. The biggest difference I can say from memory is the extended treble of the Copper vs. the gold. I feel their bass is pretty similar and the midrange of the Gold's I had is very similar to my bought pair of Copper's. I have to say I am partially comparing the MD's so I simply don't have an urge to get a pair simply from curiosity. I will add some comments about all three MTP's in my review since I will have them all.

The MD's and Golds are more similar.  The MD's are a better comparo to the Coppers IMO.  Rawster, I use the white hybrid tips on the MD if that helps at all.

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #1,185 of 1,752
So looks like my pair of Coppers bit the dust, right earpiece connection seems to be intermittent. So far, warranty process has been top notch, great communication, and they have a RMA department up here in the the GTA too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back