Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 13, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #1,141 of 1,752
Clicks? What clicks?

Also, 32-ohms? My DMM said 18, though I know that is off so it is probably 16 + 2ohms from the cable + mini plug. Where/how did you find 32?
Did I do something wrong?

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #1,142 of 1,752
I was looking for specs and headroom said it was 32. Maybe it's incorrect. I didn't check to see how much it was and don't really care however.

Jun 13, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #1,143 of 1,752

Quote:
Clicks? What clicks?

Solidsnake is getting noise from his amp is all.  The Coppers are sensitive enough to hear it.

Jun 13, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #1,144 of 1,752
I see.

Aluminum foil shielding is his need. =P

Jun 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #1,145 of 1,752
Ok so this is really odd. I listened to the Coppers through the amp again tonight however I left my LDII set at the highest gain like I use for my DT990's and there wasn't any noise! It was so strange because I was fully expecting it to occur again and yet when I tested it nothing. There was a tiny bit of a click once or twice but it went away almost immediately. I really have no idea what this is now. Can amp noise come and go or is it something else then?

By the way, the testing/listening conditions were the exact same as when I experienced the clicking/noise in the first place. No new phone placement or anything like that, my desk is still set up the same.

Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #1,146 of 1,752

Quote:
He means that his laptop is wireless but it doesn't output a signal, it only receives one from the routers.

But that is false
wink.gif

Well, that's just wrong, sorry.  Network communications are bi-directional.  You'd better believe your laptop broadcasts!!

Jun 13, 2010 at 10:55 AM Post #1,147 of 1,752

Quote:
Solidsnake is getting noise from his amp is all.  The Coppers are sensitive enough to hear it.

You're probably right.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #1,148 of 1,752

Quote:
Ok so this is really odd. I listened to the Coppers through the amp again tonight however I left my LDII set at the highest gain like I use for my DT990's and there wasn't any noise! It was so strange because I was fully expecting it to occur again and yet when I tested it nothing. There was a tiny bit of a click once or twice but it went away almost immediately. I really have no idea what this is now. Can amp noise come and go or is it something else then?

By the way, the testing/listening conditions were the exact same as when I experienced the clicking/noise in the first place. No new phone placement or anything like that, my desk is still set up the same.

I usually just blame the random Cosmic ray.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #1,149 of 1,752
Quote:

I had issues with my amp and IEM's versus my fullsize headphones due to line noise from my power source and that noise would be bad at times and then go away at other times. In my case my amp used a walwart so when I upgraded to a better quality one my problems went away. The noise only will happen with low impedence equipment, I actually owned two Audio Technica headphones (AD700 and AD900) that also suffered from line noise with my amp, whereas my higher impedance HD600 have never had that issue.

Jun 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #1,150 of 1,752

Quote:
Quote:

I had issues with my amp and IEM's versus my fullsize headphones due to line noise from my power source and that noise would be bad at times and then go away at other times. In my case my amp used a walwart so when I upgraded to a better quality one my problems went away. The noise only will happen with low impedence equipment, I actually owned two Audio Technica headphones (AD700 and AD900) that also suffered from line noise with my amp, whereas my higher impedance HD600 have never had that issue.

The more I run the amp and listen through the Coppers the more I think this might be the case. So far today there is no noise again which is obviously good although still leaves me wondering what was happening that other time then. I might just chaulk it up to weird randomness and or power source noise because nothing else is really making sense to me or seems like a safe bet as to what is going on.

All I can say for sure is right now it's fine and that makes me
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the help and suggestions! I'll keep everyone posted here and what ends up happening.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:13 PM Post #1,151 of 1,752
Take your amp and plug it into a dirty source (if you have a free plug by your refrigerator plugin that is a good dirty source due to the frig) then try the Copper if you hear lots of noise, if you do that means your amp is not able to clean up the electrical noise good enough for IEM's, especially if you throw on your bigger headphones and they don't have any noise. From there, the question is whether your amp has a dedicated built in transformer or if you have a small AC/DC converter (walwart) that supplies DC current to your amp. If it's a walwart you can buy higher quality ones that will eliminate the electrical noise. In my case I had an expensive laptop adapter for multiple laptop brands that I wasn't using on a laptop anymore that happened to be within the eletrical parameters of my amp. I switched to the new converter and all noise left my IEM's.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #1,152 of 1,752
After much deliberation I have just purchased the coppers for £199.99.
I am keeping hold of my ie8`s and "conveniently" already have pfe tips.
Fingers crossed.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #1,154 of 1,752
Thanks lucozade, I just couldn`t bring myself to pay the extra for the sm3, not yet anyway.

Jun 13, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #1,155 of 1,752

Quote:
Thanks lucozade, I just couldn`t bring myself to pay the extra for the sm3, not yet anyway.

If you do not get the white foam hybrid tips included with the coppers email soundmatters12 on here and he will send you a set of five different sizes and five gel supertips free of charge as the first batch of coppers did not have them included.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back