Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #1,126 of 1,752
It seems to just be the Coppers, I do not detect the sound at all with my Beyer DT990's. I have been listening to the Beyers for about 2 hrs now and can say without question it does NOT occur with them. With the Coppers I can hear it quite loudly and obtrusively between songs. You know it's happening, its not something you actually have to try and hear.

Any ideas anyone?

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:01 PM Post #1,127 of 1,752

Quote:
It seems to just be the Coppers, I do not detect the sound at all with my Beyer DT990's. I have been listening to the Beyers for about 2 hrs now and can say without question it does NOT occur with them. With the Coppers I can hear it quite loudly and obtrusively between songs. You know it's happening, its not something you actually have to try and hear.

Any ideas anyone?

Interesting phenomenon. I know that my buddy's Little Dot MKV has random noises, most likely interference from wireless signals, where it's audible with most low impedance headphones, Coppers included. Could it be something like that, where Coppers are sensitive enough to hear the noise, but the DT990s aren't?

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #1,128 of 1,752
It could be, I know my wireless router is sort of nearby but other than that and my PS3 I don't have any wireless things. Guess my laptop would count as wireless but that doesn't put out a signal, just takes in my routers.

I'm considering getting an amp just for my Coppers, any suggestions when comparing the ibasso T3 vs. ibasso D2 vs. ibasso D3? I found all 3 in the for sale section for nice prices and really want to pick up one of them figuring it might help this issue. Any idea which would be best for them? Thanks!

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #1,129 of 1,752

Quote:
Alright don't mean to derail or shift the conversation too much here but I have an interesting issue with my Coppers when pairing them with my Little Dot II. At the highest gain setting that I use for my DT990 250ohm's there is a loud clicking sort of noise when there isn't music currently running through them. In between tracks in particular I hear this very loud clicking. I figured the gain must be too high so I opened up the Little Dot II and switched it down to the lowest gain setting. Now the clicking sort of noise is much more quiet however I can still hear it between tracks pretty easily. I have my Ipod set to about 90% and then the LDII at about 5 for volume.

Anyone got any idea's for changing or improving this? At the lowest gain it isn't bad but it's still very annoying and really ruins the mood of the music when going from track to track.

Thanks!

some of these amp/ iem's combinations pick up interference from mobile phones , if you have one near you when your using your portable music setup , try switching of the mobile .That was the cause when i had this problem , 
popcorn.gif

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #1,130 of 1,752

Quote:
It could be, I know my wireless router is sort of nearby but other than that and my PS3 I don't have any wireless things. Guess my laptop would count as wireless but that doesn't put out a signal, just takes in my routers.

I'm considering getting an amp just for my Coppers, any suggestions when comparing the ibasso T3 vs. ibasso D2 vs. ibasso D3? I found all 3 in the for sale section for nice prices and really want to pick up one of them figuring it might help this issue. Any idea which would be best for them? Thanks!

Solid, it is noise from your amp.  I can attest the Coppers are more sensitive to line noise and hiss, one reason I went w/ my MD's.  Maybe shoot shigzeo a PM about the T3 they've been using.  I know shig is very noise and hiss sensitive and has much experience w/ amps.  Would be the person to ask in my opinion.

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #1,131 of 1,752

Quote:
Solid, it is noise from your amp.  I can attest the Coppers are more sensitive to line noise and hiss, one reason I went w/ my MD's.  Maybe shoot shigzeo a PM about the T3 they've been using.  I know shig is very noise and hiss sensitive and has much experience w/ amps.  Would be the person to ask in my opinion.

Is there any way to improve this line noise and hiss? I'm looking at a D3 right now and sounds like it would be perfect however I just got an estimate on fixing my bike and that may in fact ruin my hopes of getting a new amp.

Jun 12, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #1,132 of 1,752

Quote:
Is there any way to improve this line noise and hiss? I'm looking at a D3 right now and sounds like it would be perfect however I just got an estimate on fixing my bike and that may in fact ruin my hopes of getting a new amp.

One thing you could do is add an inline resistor similar to the ety P--->S converter concept.  Perhaps also add some shielding to your amp to reduce external noise if you notice that to be a problem next to other electronic devices.  You will have to crank up the volume a bit but you have an amp anyway so....

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #1,133 of 1,752

Quote:
... Guess my laptop would count as wireless but that doesn't put out a signal, just takes in my routers.

What?  Please explain what you mean.
Thx,
k

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #1,135 of 1,752
I guess an impedance adapter like the Ety one could work. The P to S is pretty much just a 75ohm one but for phones it's mostly a hit or miss so if you have access to one you could try just to see how it works.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #1,136 of 1,752
Never noticed my Coppers pick up interference. I think they are 16-ohm 'phones, but they sure don't hiss as much as one. Sensitivity must not be that high.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #1,138 of 1,752

Quote:
Never noticed my Coppers pick up interference. I think they are 16-ohm 'phones, but they sure don't hiss as much as one. Sensitivity must not be that high.

They are 32. Have you tried any other iem's with your amp to see if the clicks happen as well?

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #1,139 of 1,752
No, they aren't bad for hiss as far as I've noticed.

Jun 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #1,140 of 1,752

Quote:
They are 32. Have you tried any other iem's with your amp to see if the clicks happen as well?

Did you measure that?  Its not published anywhere.  I know my MD's are definitely higher impedance than the Coppers I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back