Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Jun 11, 2010 at 8:54 AM Post #1,111 of 1,752
I actually have those exact same ear guides for my Coppers and they do work great. Especially for those with smaller ears they really help the cable stay over the ear instead of sort of bouncing off to the side and ending up in some funny position.

Jun 11, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #1,112 of 1,752

Quote:
Where are you putting the shirt clip? I'm having some trouble getting the shirt clip to get on the cable. I kinda got it once but it wasn't very easy and I couldn't move it up or down the cable. Over the ears seems to work just fine however but unfortunately I don't like the gel tips at all.

Haha I also had trouble with the shirt clip when I first got these. Some kind people helped me out a few pages back.

Anyway, you want to put the cable into the little slot on the clip about 2cm below the Y-splitter. No, it's not easy at all but I am pretty sure that it's designed in a way that once you get it on there, you leave it on there. And if it moved up and down freely then it wouldn't be very useful in keeping the weight off the headphones, would it?

Jun 11, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #1,113 of 1,752
well all of the shirt clips have been able to stay in place on the cable but also being able to adjust up and down if needed. I guess this shirt clip is pretty much useless for me. I use the shirt clip more so that the cable doesn't move around when or get in the way of things when I'm on the go.

Jun 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #1,115 of 1,752
I ended up putting one of those generic shirt clip that I bought off ebay on these. It's a tad tight so I'm going to try to loosen it a bit without breaking it but I can move it up and down fine.

Jun 11, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #1,116 of 1,752
^ Looks like shirt clip also needs break in 
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,117 of 1,752
Jun 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM Post #1,118 of 1,752
By repeatedly holding it with 50lbs of force. And by clipping it onto special lamb wool material. You will need to have precise equipment to measure the precise tension strength of the material too.

Man I am talkin too much rubbish here. Hey anaxilus did you just change your avatar to the bullet looking earphone?

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #1,120 of 1,752
I think soon I'll be able to start my review :) I think by the end of the weekend or Monday I'll be able to start my actual review compared to casual listening or burn in. I should have 100 hours by Monday at the latest. I'm hoping to have it up by Friday or Saturday of next week.  That should be more than enough time of burn in and minimal changes after that.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #1,121 of 1,752

Quote:
I think soon I'll be able to start my review :) I think by the end of the weekend or Monday I'll be able to start my actual review compared to casual listening or burn in. I should have 100 hours by Monday at the latest. I'm hoping to have it up by Friday or Saturday of next week.  That should be more than enough time of burn in and minimal changes after that.

Looking forward to it!  Better be a DBA02 and eq7 comparo in there!!!

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #1,122 of 1,752
I'm actually planning on just the Coppers for a review. I didn't think it was fair to include others when I got the Coppers to review them. I also won't have access to my e-Q7 for a while but I do plan to have a DBA 02 review down the line and will see if I have my e-Q7 back by then.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #1,123 of 1,752
LOL I'll race you Rawrster :). I will also be putting up my review early next week. It will be interesting to see how we both hear them. For me the biggest challenge will be describing and discussing the difference I hear between the pairs I have. But I think the overall review won't be too affected by that. In fact I'll probably do a break down on the differences at the very end of the review along with some thoughts on why I think they turned out that way (sort of a summary of the burnin thread I started). I look forward to reading your review.

Jun 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM Post #1,124 of 1,752
Alright don't mean to derail or shift the conversation too much here but I have an interesting issue with my Coppers when pairing them with my Little Dot II. At the highest gain setting that I use for my DT990 250ohm's there is a loud clicking sort of noise when there isn't music currently running through them. In between tracks in particular I hear this very loud clicking. I figured the gain must be too high so I opened up the Little Dot II and switched it down to the lowest gain setting. Now the clicking sort of noise is much more quiet however I can still hear it between tracks pretty easily. I have my Ipod set to about 90% and then the LDII at about 5 for volume.

Anyone got any idea's for changing or improving this? At the lowest gain it isn't bad but it's still very annoying and really ruins the mood of the music when going from track to track.

Thanks!

Jun 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #1,125 of 1,752
I'll probably lose that race dweaver :p You have more time on the Coppers than I do since you got yours first. Although I do have everything written down outside of conclusion, sound signature and comparisons with various songs.

@SolidSnake: is it just the Coppers? It sounds more like an issue with the amp than the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back