Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Feb 12, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #47 of 1,752
^^ Not a problem. Not quite a review though
wink.gif
. Simply first impressions. Let's hope after burn-in these sound even better.

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #48 of 1,752
Ok...... Jude is right, very nuetral, not without problems though. I prefer the gold version, The copper is trying too hard in my opinion, we all hear different though. I think the copper is more bling than the gold, the chrome color on the front of the housing isn't my thing, I guess the dark gray front on the housing of the gold blends better for my taste. All in all I prefer many iem's to the copper pro, that includes the gold pro's ....what can I say? I really wanted to like these! Full disclosure, I really don't like much of anything. And I did give them a fair shake.

Feb 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #49 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok...... Jude is right, very nuetral, not without problems though. I prefer the gold version, The copper is trying too hard in my opinion, we all hear different though. I think the copper is more bling than the gold, the chrome color on the front of the housing isn't my thing, I guess the dark gray front on the housing of the gold blends better for my taste. All in all I prefer many iem's to the copper pro, that includes the gold pro's ....what can I say? I really wanted to like these! Full disclosure, I really don't like much of anything. And I did give them a fair shake.

What does "trying too hard" mean for you, audio-wise?

Feb 14, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #50 of 1,752
It means, while it recreates the audio signal well in a sense of being tonally accurate, the sound of the copper is not refined enough to keep it totally cohesive, for instance, in a really favorite somg by Incubus, Aqueous Transmission, the copper does a fine job, tonal accuracy is very good, the vocals are natural, the soundstage is near perfect, yet you never forget you're listening to iem's I don't know if t hat helps or not. In my opinion, not being reminded constantly that you're not listening to music, and instead the devise, it fails.....for me at least. I think the gold, while not quite as nuetral, does get out of the way on most music and let you enjoy the listen. I find the se530, and ie7 to be my go to iem's when i'm listening to music that may not suit the pro golds. The ie8, while a very fun listen, on some music, keeps reminding you of it's presence......Just kicks in too much bass at times, the pro copper seems artificial sounding, yes to a very small degree, but enough to keep me from forgetting that I'm using them.

Feb 15, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #51 of 1,752
Quote:

It means, while it recreates the audio signal well in a sense of being tonally accurate, the sound of the copper is not refined enough to keep it totally cohesive, for instance, in a really favorite somg by Incubus, Aqueous Transmission, the copper does a fine job, tonal accuracy is very good, the vocals are natural, the soundstage is near perfect, yet you never forget you're listening to iem's I don't know if t hat helps or not. In my opinion, not being reminded constantly that you're not listening to music, and instead the devise, it fails.....for me at least. I think the gold, while not quite as nuetral, does get out of the way on most music and let you enjoy the listen. I find the se530, and ie7 to be my go to iem's when i'm listening to music that may not suit the pro golds. The ie8, while a very fun listen, on some music, keeps reminding you of it's presence......Just kicks in too much bass at times, the pro copper seems artificial sounding, yes to a very small degree, but enough to keep me from forgetting that I'm using them.

I would try getting a hold of some Phonak PFE grey silicons before you give up on these phones. I'm finding the mid bass very tight and enveloping. Mid range warm, musical and slightly forward. And highs are extended and controlled. Everything seams very cohesive and natural with about 40-50hrs on them. What keeps me coming back to these from my CK10's is the expansive sound, great mids and the mid bass
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm a closet basshead. I'm not minding the slight drop in SQ.....yet. I'm trying so hard to resist the Ortofon e-q7.

....God my gf is gonna kill me if she see's another pair of headphones at the door.

Feb 15, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #52 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enanthate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would try getting a hold of some Phonak PFE grey silicons before you give up on these phones. I'm finding the mid bass very tight and enveloping. Mid range warm, musical and slightly forward. And highs are extended and controlled. Everything seams very cohesive and natural with about 40-50hrs on them. What keeps me coming back to these from my CK10's is the expansive sound, great mids and the mid bass
bigsmile_face.gif
I'm a closet basshead. I'm not minding the slight drop in SQ.....yet. I'm trying so hard to resist the Ortofon e-q7.

....God my gf is gonna kill me if she see's another pair of headphones at the door.

I can't believe you! You tell me not to give up on the coppers, and then remind mr about the ortofon's? At any rate, since I am not giving up yet, I'm going to go custom (just the canal type) full fit don't work well for me, I'm told a fair amount of people can't get the full fit custom based on canal shape. Anyway, I had almost forgot about the ortofon......must block ALO website.....and all reviews of the eq7 Grrrrrrrrr How does one get banned from headfi, lol...wouldn't help, music is my drug........iem's and cans are my dealers

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:14 AM Post #53 of 1,752
like ur name says, the search NEVER ends.

really hope theres someone who has both the ortofon qe7 and the MTPC to do a comparison
biggrin.gif
! *or maybe you guys could be the one* LOL
tongue.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #54 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
like ur name says, the search NEVER ends.

really hope theres someone who has both the ortofon qe7 and the MTPC to do a comparison
biggrin.gif
! *or maybe you guys could be the one* LOL
tongue.gif

YOU! are not much help
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #56 of 1,752
the *upgradis* bug is here in head-fi forums...

like me i just got my tf 10 and the week after i was eyeing new iems... oh gawd my wallets gonna hate me...

Feb 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #57 of 1,752
Quote:

Itchy fingers tonight......somebody help! Ok..Enanthate, let's see who can hold out the longest on the ortofon's....and no, I don't wanna bet
smily_headphones1.gif

ROFL

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #58 of 1,752
hear the Ortofon again last night: excellent power and control. It isn't my favourite earphone, but it is impressive.

Anyway, the new ear pieces are in a word: excellent. The new foam is high density, but coated with some sort of anti-mess, anti-water film and the inner hole doesn't compress as much as competing tips, so bass isn't mushed or spread beyond control. Monster have more than done their homework.

Feb 16, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #60 of 1,752
No, not the comply. A new foamy with an amazing rubber canal. The Comply is good for comfort, but overall, warps the sound a bit. The new one (white - will get pictures up eventually), is simply stunning.

Again, it is NOT the comply foam, but a new Monster proprietary foam - something they should have had at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back