Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Feb 19, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #76 of 1,752
@saintkeat, wish I could help, not too many vendors of that type of foam that I'm aware of yet. The shure tips won't but the monste version should be available soon.
Anyone that owns both or has had both the copper and pro notice the difference in the wiring? The gold is more soft and supple, the copper more springy.....?

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #78 of 1,752
OK, so my first set had an issue and I have a replacement. Out of the box (again) these are great! The highs need to come out, though, but in my other pair, they started to. With this new set the supertips work! Very enjoyable so far and worth their price, but I am looking forward to hearing how they mature.

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #79 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since The Miles Davis set seems to be MIA in this forum. I have decided to blaze the path. 260 from J&R.......

I heard a fresh out of the box pair at CES and personally didn't care for their sound signature. I think the Copper sounds miles ahead (pun intended) out of the box. But they might turn into something great!

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #80 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, so my first set had an issue and I have a replacement. Out of the box (again) these are great! The highs need to come out, though, but in my other pair, they started to. With this new set the supertips work! Very enjoyable so far and worth their price, but I am looking forward to hearing how they mature.

Yeas, they do mature...(at least to my ears) mine are sounding much better, especially with the phonak tips, I really wish Monster would just offer more sizes of the supertips. I look forward to hearing what the "perfect fit" tips offer. Funny thing is, My golds fit me so much better with the large single flange tips than the copper, so the phonak tips just made life easier for me.
Actually, after you get 50 hours on them, hit us back, I thought they needed colse to 100 to fullt reveal the sound sig, the golds did not change as much for my ears. I think they both hold up well against the competition. Happy listening Joe!

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #81 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by average_joe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Your note that the Supertips worked "this time" had me get mine out again, and you know what, the small STs seem to be better than originally. I may keep these on and see if they have the long-term comfort I need. This is with the gold, not copper.

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #82 of 1,752
Quote:

Since The Miles Davis set seems to be MIA in this forum. I have decided to blaze the path. 260 from J&R.......

Thanks for taking the splurge. I know I'll be awaiting your impressions of monsters flagship iem.

And glad to see ya back TSTARN!

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #83 of 1,752
Quote:

Nice catch. I am impressed with the improvement the phonak tips make, very cool man....Thanks.. now I gotta really dig in and listen.

Really helps bring out the high end and retains the tight midbass. These are by far my favorite tips for this phone....gotta order some more from phonaks site.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #85 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enanthate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really helps bring out the high end and retains the tight midbass. These are by far my favorite tips for this phone....gotta order some more from phonaks site.

What do you think of the (grey?) PFE tips versus the supertips?

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #87 of 1,752
^^ I tend to agree with a large part of his review, listening to hop hop and other bass driven music makes you want to put the gold version on, ac/dc will leave you looking for the copper. I don't agree with his take completely, but it's a subjective thing, I'm in an se530 mood, so that's what's in my ears now. I can't help you on the supertips, they simply aren't large enough to stay in my canals, The phonak do a nice job though, and refreshingly, phonak only charges 10 dollars incuding shipping for 3 pairs, compared to what some others charge, very reasonable.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #88 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think of the (grey?) PFE tips versus the supertips?

Sorry but I wasn't able to get either size of the super tips to form a complete seal.
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #89 of 1,752
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enanthate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry but I wasn't able to get either size of the super tips to form a complete seal.
frown.gif

Shouldn't you be on alo's website ordering the ortofon's?
It's just a click..........lmao

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #90 of 1,752
Quote:

Shouldn't you be on alo's website ordering the ortofon's?
It's just a click..........lmao

LOL....I've been really good trying to enjoy my most recent purchase. After I hear your impressions on the miles davis, I might just throw in the towel. I couldn't tell you how many times I've read the the ortofon impressions thread
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back