Feb 20, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #1,081 of 1,122

Quote:
Have you tried the Super Tips?

I'll definitely look into those
ksc75smile.gif
  thanks!!

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:23 AM Post #1,083 of 1,122

Quote:
@playingwithfire, just curious, what model did you get from the outlet store? did you get the one with the improved strain reliefs and 90 angle plug? or the previous model with the straight plug and poop strain reliefs?

Does amazon sell the one with the "poop" strain reliefs? Do the improved ones look like the ones on the copper and gold? 

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #1,084 of 1,122
Oh and by the way, does anybody know where they sell the cheapest Gold / Coppers? I can't find a good deal! I hear people saying 135$ for golds... well... Please let me know?

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #1,086 of 1,122
Well, got them in the mail yesterday, and I really want to like them. They sound great to me, but getting a seal was very finicky. But more problematic then that, is that there is a very audible channel imbalance. The left side feels almost non-existent. I expected better. I had heard so many good things about them... but i'm severely disapointed. I'm going to try to contact Monster and see if they'l do anything about it.

Apr 9, 2012 at 9:59 PM Post #1,088 of 1,122
Well, I found out that it was a problem with the included tips, but mostly a problem on my part, having inserted the tip too deeply into my ear and having bent the silicone, cutting off the sound. I hope your right about the Hybrid's, I just ordered some.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #1,089 of 1,122

Quote:
Well, I found out that it was a problem with the included tips, but mostly a problem on my part, having inserted the tip too deeply into my ear and having bent the silicone, cutting off the sound. I hope your right about the Hybrid's, I just ordered some.

While I haven't tried the hybrids, I found that the Monster Super Tips worked great compared to stock tips. Although the durability of the Foam Hybrid super tips was a little less that spectacular.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #1,090 of 1,122

Quote:

While I haven't tried the hybrids, I found that the Monster Super Tips worked great compared to stock tips. Although the durability of the Foam Hybrid super tips was a little less that spectacular.

I find the Monster Super Tips quite fatiguing... my ears feel extremely uncomfortable after couple of hours of usaga, might be because they exert too much pressure on the cannal since they are so hard compared to actual foam tips. 

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #1,092 of 1,122

Quote:
Am I the only one that likes their stock single flange tips? Everyone seems to hate how obtuse they are.

Nope you're not the only one. I find the stock tips great, I was using the large stock tips but found when I pull my ear up and pop them in I would lose the sound and not get a seal, so I dropped down to medium, now they're perfect / stay in place /seal without a problem. It's fairly important because i tried other tips which changed the sound completely. The stock tips are how they're designed to sound.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #1,093 of 1,122
I had a problem with them sagging, the SQ was diminished because of this and the left earbud was always comming loose. I wrapped the wires over my ears and that solved the problem.

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #1,094 of 1,122
I got a chance to test drive the Gold in Best Buy. The sound was just what I wanted....  So of course I bought a pair.
Right out of the box, they don't sound like the pair in the store. I'm guessing that this is what everyone talks about - the "burn in" thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back