Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Mar 24, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #1,036 of 1,122
I've been using my monster turbine for a week now, they sound great and the only buds i got with them that fits ok is the big biflanges. The issue is that they doesn't really fit comfortable even though they give a good sound and isolation. I orderd some sony hybrids and i am wondering if they will affect the sound greatly? I've tried a few different buds from my other phones (re-0 mostly) and they change the sound quite a lot though i suspect this is because of them not fitting correctly with the phones and in my ear.

Mar 27, 2011 at 2:59 PM Post #1,037 of 1,122
Ok update, i've been trying my sony hybrids and the same with the big biflanges i get a good isolation but its very difficult to get a good fit on my left ear, the right ear takes 1second to get a good fit. But i'm having so much issues with the left ear??? So annoying, I'm trying to get used to putting them in without getting that blocked sound but usually it gets blocked or not as far in as i want it to be:frowning2:

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #1,038 of 1,122
I just received my Turbines from Earphone Solutions - a seller that, as I understand it, are super reliable and an authorised Monster dealer, so I'm not really worried about their authenticity.

I do have a few niggles, though. The box illustrates a 'cable managment system' comprised of a shirt clip and a splitter with a length adjustment piece. While the clip was included, the cord adjuster was not. Is this just what happens with Turbines, i.e. hit and miss packaging, etc?

I also received 2 pouches: one of fabric that snap-locks and one made entirely of suede and red-stitching, which looks basically identical to the leather case, but for the suede, of course (I'd have rathered the leather case, too).

As I said, I'm fairly positive they're authentic, but this issue of 'not knowing EXACTLY what you're getting' is a bit annoying.

The 'phones themselves are pretty great, though and that is what counts in the end.

Much thanks for any clarifications, mangs. And cheers for the excellent wealth of information!

May 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM Post #1,039 of 1,122

Quote:
I just received my Turbines from Earphone Solutions - a seller that, as I understand it, are super reliable and an authorised Monster dealer, so I'm not really worried about their authenticity.

I do have a few niggles, though. The box illustrates a 'cable managment system' comprised of a shirt clip and a splitter with a length adjustment piece. While the clip was included, the cord adjuster was not. Is this just what happens with Turbines, i.e. hit and miss packaging, etc?

I also received 2 pouches: one of fabric that snap-locks and one made entirely of suede and red-stitching, which looks basically identical to the leather case, but for the suede, of course (I'd have rathered the leather case, too).

As I said, I'm fairly positive they're authentic, but this issue of 'not knowing EXACTLY what you're getting' is a bit annoying.

The 'phones themselves are pretty great, though and that is what counts in the end.

Much thanks for any clarifications, mangs. And cheers for the excellent wealth of information!

The splitter is what every manufacturer call that tiny rubber/plastic piece integrated into your cable above the Y-split for, yes, cable management. sounds grand, but it's just that. so not really their fault i trust.

May 4, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #1,040 of 1,122
Quote:

Those two issues are as expected.  There is no slider on the original turbines...it's only on the Golds/Coppers/MDs...they obviously took the pictures and just copied them from box to box.  Also, the two pouches you got are correct.  I'm not sure where leather comes in but it didn't come in my original turbines or in my coppers.  Both sets came with the suede type cases.  All is well with your Turbines, no worries.  Enjoy.

May 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #1,041 of 1,122
Recently gotten into dubstep and the like (heavier electronica, any recommendations are welcome in my inbox :p), and the search function indicated these might be good for that genre.  Any better bet for the money (can get Golds around $100 through a friend)?

Jul 14, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #1,042 of 1,122
heh i recently emailed amazon regarding the versions of Monster Turbines i might be getting and this is their reply.

"Hello, Thanks for writing to Amazon. The "Monster Turbine Mobile High Performance In-Ear Speakers" sold by Amazon are genuine products and are the latest versions. 

You can expect to receive brand new items when ordering items that are shipped and sold by Amazon.com......"

i sure do hope i get the new ones though, just placed an order straight from amazon.com (not 3rd party) :) do you tink the chances of getting the newer versions are higher now? 

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #1,045 of 1,122
Anyone had some issues with the 2 diffrent parts on the headphones feeling like they are abit loose? When I insert and remove my phones it feels like its kinda loose between the metal and the blackish part (only place where u can see that the phone isnt totally stuck together). It hasnt come totally loose yet but i'm abit afraid that it will. 

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #1,049 of 1,122
For anyone looking to buy, do so from the outlet store. I just had my refurbs replaced, and customer support said they were a 90-day warranty, not 30. I can't say their support is too good, because it took them 3 emails and a month to respond "call customer support." After about a 20 minute hold, the actual conversation was quick and easy. They did say its supposed to take 3 weeks from me sending them in to me receiving the replacement though. :/ That means I have a month without headphones, then I receive ath m50s and turbines in the same week. The only time I'm not gonna have headphones in/on that week is when I'm switching between them.
For $50, best value headphone ever? Might even upstage king RE0 at $79, different preferences aside.

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #1,050 of 1,122
I ordered some Pro Coppers with Controltalk [heavy Iphone user] off of an amazon seller and they should be here next week. Was able to get them "Like New" with everything with a seller that looks legit for $150. I was reading some random thread on here the other day and someone mentioned how they email sellers and ask if they'll go lower on the price, so I tried it and I got $40 knocked off.

These are my first IEMs, I'm excited. I have a pair of Grado SR80is and I love the sound but they lack bass, so I'm thrilled reading that these Pro Coppers are better at that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back