Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Nov 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #841 of 1,122
monster turbine in ears are $60 at amazon with the deal of the day (so only 24 hours)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001LNO722?ie=UTF8&tag=243008992-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001LNO722

Dec 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #842 of 1,122
Either my ears are very small, or I'm putting them in wrong, but they hurt the back of my ear when I put them in. Which is a bit odd, because they're barely longer than the Vibes I had before and with which I had no problems. I guess it might be because the ends of the Vibes are convex, whereas on the Turbines they're concave (or, er, turbine-shaped). Has anyone else had this problem?

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #843 of 1,122
Is there any buds or tips that you can buy to make these things stay in when moving? Like if I planned on jogging with these in, they are not great at staying in so if anyone has a recommendation then please let me know.

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #844 of 1,122

Quote:
Is there any buds or tips that you can buy to make these things stay in when moving? Like if I planned on jogging with these in, they are not great at staying in so if anyone has a recommendation then please let me know.

comply and the Monster foam supertips work pretty well. I've also heard many good things about the sony hybrid tips.  For me though, nothing beats the fit of the triple flange tips that come with the earphones.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #847 of 1,122

Quote:
Dang it why couldn't they give us a Turbine Silver with slightly less bass and slightly more space in the sound stage and I'd be super sold. 

turbine gold, copper, platinum, ruby, diamond, leaf green....starting to sound like pokemon to me

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #848 of 1,122
Were past my time, so I couldn't say. I just want a the Turbine but with slightly less bass, and a bit more space in the sound stage for the nice sale price. That is all I am saying. I bet Turbine White Gold or Platinum will be the next model name. 

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM Post #849 of 1,122

Quote:
Were past my time, so I couldn't say. I just want a the Turbine but with slightly less bass, and a bit more space in the sound stage for the nice sale price. That is all I am saying. I bet Turbine White Gold or Platinum will be the next model name. 

no no...clearly they will go onto the "elements" series, fire, ice, something, something something...or AG, NA, H, C, HCl

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #850 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:

comply and the Monster foam supertips work pretty well. I've also heard many good things about the sony hybrid tips.  For me though, nothing beats the fit of the triple flange tips that come with the earphones.

The comply buds will definitely NOT work. Apparently once the sweat gets soaked in, the foam buds go bad pretty quick. Have you tried jogging/running with those triple flange tips? I get the feeling that due to the heavyness of the Turbines, no tips/buds will keep them in.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #851 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:

The comply buds will definitely NOT work. Apparently once the sweat gets soaked in, the foam buds go bad pretty quick. Have you tried jogging/running with those triple flange tips? I get the feeling that due to the heavyness of the Turbines, no tips/buds will keep them in.

Not in my case, though my ears don't usually get that sweaty. The foam supertips also have this coating on them that prevents them from getting too sweaty or dirty.  And yes, I've gone jogging with the turbines many times and I've had no fit problems, especially with the triple flange tips.  For me, it seems like no matter what, the triple flange tips stay in my ear canal.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #853 of 1,122

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not in my case, though my ears don't usually get that sweaty. The foam supertips also have this coating on them that prevents them from getting too sweaty or dirty.  And yes, I've gone jogging with the turbines many times and I've had no fit problems, especially with the triple flange tips.  For me, it seems like no matter what, the triple flange tips stay in my ear canal.

comply tips are different from monster supertips (foam) I find myself going through a lot of pairs of complys because they wear out so quickly

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #854 of 1,122
I originally chose the Klipsch C2's over these a couple years ago because the C2's came out on sale for $50 less than the turbines, but I was never really satisfied with the C2s and wondered what these sound like.  You can't get a much better opportunity to try them than $59.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back