Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Sep 24, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #721 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the most terrible design ever...

The Beats or my MT with revisions?

This is sad coming from a CABLE company with a high-end name (and pricetag)..

Maybe it's just us users that abuse our phones... I'm already on my 2nd/3rd replacement...

Sep 25, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #722 of 1,122
Yea this is interesting. Just got my Turbines back from Monster and it was a smooth and fast 2 weeks process. I have to say I was impressed since my RMAs with computer parts always seems to end up with me being irritated.

Anyways the design is changed... weaker box and a pleather pouch (its so squishly soft though =D). I feel like the Turbines extend out more now with the different tunnel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe it's just us users that abuse our phones... I'm already on my 2nd/3rd replacement...

I do abuse my phones since I have that warrenty. Take it to work. Take it to school. Get it caught in my bike tires, etc. I'm surprised it lasted the 5 months that it did.

Sep 25, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #723 of 1,122
Quote:

the beats, i never liked them. They were far too long to look "normal" in

Sep 26, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #724 of 1,122
hi guys.
after reading this thread i feel like i m gonna like the MT.
but the problem is i m coming from ES3X.
I am afraid that the custom has spoilt me for good sounds.
So i really need some help on recommendations whether i should go for turbines or not.
The other phone that caught my eye is the Beats Tour edition.
How is that compared to turbines?
And FYI, i listen to everything from britney to metallica and from pop to rock to symphonic metal.... =)
Hope i can get some feedbacks that would help me make up my mind.

Shizgeo...
ur article poisoned me deeply! =D

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:29 AM Post #727 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyways the design is changed... weaker box and a pleather pouch (its so squishly soft though =D). I feel like the Turbines extend out more now with the different tunnel.

I do abuse my phones since I have that warrenty. Take it to work. Take it to school. Get it caught in my bike tires, etc. I'm surprised it lasted the 5 months that it did.

My RMA took about 2 weeks also. Pretty quick, I guess.

I AGREE, I do feel a notable difference in the MT on how it extends out more. I can't seem to get the same seal I got with my previous 2 MTs with the original tunnel. I guess it's officially time to get some new tips (Complys.. )

As for warranty, the new box (the smaller, cheaper one) said a 3 year warranty while the old bulky magnetic box said the warranty was 100& replacement with the manual inside saying 1 year (the newer one included the same manual). Anyone confirm this? My MTs are close to half a year old and I've already gone through 2 replacements..

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #729 of 1,122
well, the es3x shouldn't provide a similar sound simply because the two have vastly different driver technologies. for instance, i have the jh13pro and a few other customs and love the turbine. i wouldn't write off a headphone just because you have a different one.

tips: bad.

the cable of the tour edition isn't horrible, but it's very heavy and may pull the earphones down. the worst cable i have used is the zagg z-bud cable which is as heavy, but stiff and very microphonic.

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #730 of 1,122
thx mr shigzeo....
biggrin.gif

i shall give the turbine a try...
biggrin.gif

if u have jh13pro and u still love turbine...there's a possibility that i'll them also!

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #731 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by xandman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it mr maodi?
y is that may i know? sorry i m kinda noob.

Because if you like the ES3X sound signature, then the MT's sound may be something you won't appreciate. However, there are exceptions like myself and Shigzeo.

Sep 26, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #733 of 1,122
Quote:

My RMA took about 2 weeks also. Pretty quick, I guess.

I AGREE, I do feel a notable difference in the MT on how it extends out more. I can't seem to get the same seal I got with my previous 2 MTs with the original tunnel. I guess it's officially time to get some new tips (Complys.. )

As for warranty, the new box (the smaller, cheaper one) said a 3 year warranty while the old bulky magnetic box said the warranty was 100& replacement with the manual inside saying 1 year (the newer one included the same manual). Anyone confirm this? My MTs are close to half a year old and I've already gone through 2 replacements..

The new box is a cost reduction design goal. I'm glad they decided to cost down the box and not the headphone. Right choice Monster!! Bravo!

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #734 of 1,122
So from what I'm reading here, the redesign is bad in the sense that they jut out of your ear more, thus lowering the quality of the seal; does that mean it's less suitable for subway usage now?

I totally agree with you dC0m, it is sad that a CABLE company can't get the cables on their IEMs right. The wire needs to be thicker, more durable and less microphonic. Hopefully Monster will fix this in a future revision of the Turbines(though it is highly unlikely)

Also, does the new box look the same as the old one?

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #735 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by xandman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys i missed out something...
is there like a song that can be used to test the turbines capability?
I welcome suggestions. =)
bcoz i cant seem to find a song in my collection that has very very deep bass....
Thx a lot guys!

I found this tune to show off my MT's bass capabilities quite well.

edit: I find the highs to be a bit sibilant in that recording, so don't use it to judge those qualities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back