Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Sep 8, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #661 of 1,122
How long does the RMA process usually take? I bought mine in May and not left ear is dead. I have been pretty rough with them seeing as how there is the 1 year warranty. I called in last friday and got my RMA number and gonna send it in tomorrow.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #662 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long does the RMA process usually take? I bought mine in May and not left ear is dead. I have been pretty rough with them seeing as how there is the 1 year warranty. I called in last friday and got my RMA number and gonna send it in tomorrow.

Turnaround should be pretty quick, at least it used to be.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #663 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwkarth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply™ foam fittings for Monster :

Which ever fits your ear. The larger the size, the longer the eartip so the more you'll have to cut the tip back to keep from obscuring the HF. This is somewhat dependent upon the convolutions of your ear canal too. If the first bend it fairly close to your outer ear, it's that bend that tends to fold over the tip of the T400, and that's the part you have to trim back.

Thank you everyone for the advice on the foams. I would assume from my past experience that no one considers the foams to be an "active" earpiece? They are tough to get set properly and apt to shift if you move around. I will give them a try though. Maybe the thrill really is in the chase, this probably would not be as much fun if the first tip out of the box sounded the best.....

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #664 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you everyone for the advice on the foams. I would assume from my past experience that no one considers the foams to be an "active" earpiece? They are tough to get set properly and apt to shift if you move around. I will give them a try though. Maybe the thrill really is in the chase, this probably would not be as much fun if the first tip out of the box sounded the best.....

Actually, the T400 Comply foamies are more apropos for active wear ( more stable, more comfortable, better isolation, etc.) than any other type of eartip that I know.

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #665 of 1,122
Still no reply from Monster. I sent them another detailed email. If they don't respond, I'm calling them. If that doesn't work either. I'm going to their HQ.

Sep 9, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #666 of 1,122
T400s increase the bass for my Turbines a pretty good amount. Got my set yesterday.

Also, they feel godly. I can't even tell they are in my ear. Love these things.

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #667 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by lnvisible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T400s increase the bass for my Turbines a pretty good amount. Got my set yesterday.

Awesome!

Sep 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #668 of 1,122
Quote:

While I like the Turbine sound, I am not a fan of the fit - they are uncomfortable with oem sleeves. Like Kwarth, I need foams. Perhaps he doesn't NEED foams, but I will read into his situation for all of us...

Sep 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #669 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I like the Turbine sound, I am not a fan of the fit - they are uncomfortable with oem sleeves. Like Kwarth, I need foams. Perhaps he doesn't NEED foams, but I will read into his situation for all of us...

Yup, shigzeo, I have to agree. I can get an adequate fit with the supplied tips, but optimum for me are the cut down T400's. Everybody's ears are different and that is what works best for me, it may not be optimum for someone else.

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #670 of 1,122
Now what I am about to say next, I do not mean to turn this thread into a discussion of other IEMs. I only wish to further my collection of phones, and branch out, rather than just having and loving one pair.

I know that there is not one IEM in the market that is the best. Each of them excel at a different thing, and could be improved in others.

The only pair of IEMs I own which is Turbines. For me, these things excel at isolation, separation, clarity, and lows. Fore, the quantity of the bass is just not enough. The quality is very nice, but there is just not enough of a forceful push for me. I am a bass fanatic and the thump of it in my ear on each beat.

The music I only listen to is all sorts of metal, such as thrash, death, and hardcore.

Can anyone suggest any IEMs that are very similar to the Turbines, but a bit bass heavier?

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #671 of 1,122
Quote:

Now what I am about to say next, I do not mean to turn this thread into a discussion of other IEMs. I only wish to further my collection of phones, and branch out, rather than just having and loving one pair.

I know that there is not one IEM in the market that is the best. Each of them excel at a different thing, and could be improved in others.

The only pair of IEMs I own which is Turbines. For me, these things excel at isolation, separation, clarity, and lows. Fore, the quantity of the bass is just not enough. The quality is very nice, but there is just not enough of a forceful push for me. I am a bass fanatic and the thump of it in my ear on each beat.

The music I only listen to is all sorts of metal, such as thrash, death, and hardcore.

Can anyone suggest any IEMs that are very similar to the Turbines, but a bit bass heavier?

I honestly do not know of an IEM that has more bass slam without ruining the mid-bass and midrange. Maybe you should check your fit, because it sounds to me like you're not getting a good fit.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #672 of 1,122
Quote:

I honestly do not know of an IEM that has more bass slam without ruining the mid-bass and midrange. Maybe you should check your fit, because it sounds to me like you're not getting a good fit.

I know I am getting a good seal. I forgot who and where, but someone sent me a link to a site that provides some mp3 files to test your seal, and mine was perfect.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #673 of 1,122
Quote:

I know I am getting a good seal. I forgot who and where, but someone sent me a link to a site that provides some mp3 files to test your seal, and mine was perfect.

Wow! I wish I had a better understanding of what you're after, because right now, I'm at a loss. Best of luck in your search!!

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #674 of 1,122
Quote:

Wow! I wish I had a better understanding of what you're after, because right now, I'm at a loss. Best of luck in your search!!

Ha, thanks.

Let me explain maybe what I am planning on doing for anyone else who think they could help me.

I only own one pair of IEMs (Turbines), and over time, I want to have a massive collection, each of them with their own specific purpose. At the moment, I think I will use my Turbines for playing drums since my T400 tips don't seem like they will ever make my phones fall out and the isolation is exactly what I need to only hear my music whenever I play along.

So let's change change things up a bit. Right now, to start off my collection, I am looking for some IEMs I can carry on the go, and listen to on the bus, in the car, in the library, and for other reasons when I am not at home. I'm looking for something with the following:

- Quantity over quality bass (main thing here, I want thumps, and pushes into my ear)
- Very good lows (some just dont understand how amazing metal breakdowns sound when the phones can pick up an extremely low tuned guitar)
- Decent isolation (not really a big key for this)

I don't really know what other stuff means, such as it being warm, having a good soundstage, etc. If anyone would like to explain a bit of this lingo to me (or just link me to somewhere that has some definitions would be good), then I could even narrow down my criteria even more.

Oh, and for these IEMs (on the go), I would like to cap my budget at $200.

Sep 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #675 of 1,122
Quote:

Ha, thanks.

Let me explain maybe what I am planning on doing for anyone else who think they could help me.

I only own one pair of IEMs (Turbines), and over time, I want to have a massive collection, each of them with their own specific purpose. At the moment, I think I will use my Turbines for playing drums since my T400 tips don't seem like they will ever make my phones fall out and the isolation is exactly what I need to only hear my music whenever I play along.

So let's change change things up a bit. Right now, to start off my collection, I am looking for some IEMs I can carry on the go, and listen to on the bus, in the car, in the library, and for other reasons when I am not at home. I'm looking for something with the following:

- Quantity over quality bass (main thing here, I want thumps, and pushes into my ear)
- Very good lows (some just dont understand how amazing metal breakdowns sound when the phones can pick up an extremely low tuned guitar)
- Decent isolation (not really a big key for this)

I don't really know what other stuff means, such as it being warm, having a good soundstage, etc. If anyone would like to explain a bit of this lingo to me (or just link me to somewhere that has some definitions would be good), then I could even narrow down my criteria even more.

Oh, and for these IEMs (on the go), I would like to cap my budget at $200.

The problem for me is that I don't honestly know of an IEM that plays lower or louder without distortion than the Turbines. I hope someone else can help. There must be something out there, but I don't know what it might be.
Maybe the Beats Tour? They have less mid and treble, and still have pretty good kink in the low end, but they don't go quite as low as the turbines. The turbines are flat to 20Hz. Everything else that I know if starts rolling off almost an octave higher or worse.
Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back