Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Jun 28, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #571 of 1,122
great topic: considering the fx500 is in the pricerange (if you don't have to pay import duties), why not bring it in? i love both the fx500 and the turbine to be sure. i feel the turbine is better for non-organic instruments however and the victor's detailed timbre brings out wood instruments and even strings very well - very natural.

my favourite still for strings is the atrio m5. simply, i have not found a better.

Jun 28, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #572 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad the trick worked for you and you got to enjoy the Turbine now
smily_headphones1.gif

If I am not mistaken, the new Turbine Pro will come with tips that are similar to those modded ones we did... interesting.

That is interesting! Although I don't follow IEMs all that closely I have never heard of any IEMs with tips like that, maybe they've been reading up here!
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #573 of 1,122
I wouldn't say these will replace my good ol' ATH-CK7 as my favorite under $150 IEM, but they come pretty close. I think these will work a lot better for noisy environments where the CK7 sounds thin due to the external noise drowning out its bass.

The solid and prominent bass is the focal point and the mids are pretty sweet and engaging. The treble is smooth but detailed. These sound more like Shure SE530's than any other headphone I have, which I guess is a good thing for most people.

I like the build quality, cable, it's just a first class act for the price. I paid $100 CAD and I definitely feel they are worth it for the price.

Jul 1, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #574 of 1,122
This message is for shigzeo----

Now that you have the Beats Tour, can you elaborate more on the differences you hear from them vs the Monster Turbines?
I've narrowed my search down to one of these models or perhaps the Atrios.

Thanks!

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #575 of 1,122
hey guys , sorry if this has been answered before, but are the cables really tangle free??
and if so what makes them tangle free?

thanks!

Jul 2, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #576 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by jussssss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys , sorry if this has been answered before, but are the cables really tangle free??
and if so what makes them tangle free?

thanks!

They look like they would be tangle free due to their flat cable design (they look kind of like a SATA hard drive cable if you have seen one but not as wide).

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #582 of 1,122
Problem here.. I just got some and the left bud is producing sound at a way lower volume than the right earbud. Also the music is darker (less highs).
What could be the problem?

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #583 of 1,122
I find the Turbines to overall have a better performance compared to the Tours, but the cable on the Tours are much better, however i don't like the long housing design on the Tours that makes them look like they stick out of your head too much.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #584 of 1,122
When's the release of the Turbine Pro anyways? Is there a new driver or is it just tuned differently?

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #585 of 1,122
Just got the Monster Turbine's. Must say...They're already far superior to my ADDIEM's. How long would you guys recommend I burn them in for? Should I use the pink noise burn in file? Or some other ones?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back