Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
May 20, 2009 at 5:27 AM Post #378 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Canada: sonystyle.ca

Yup, they also carry them in the stores locally, just phone in advance to confirm stock.

May 20, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #379 of 1,122
Hi all,

I am from Turkey and I get the Turbines. But i have difficulties having seal. I ordered t400's but it has 10 days to try it.

I tried the foam inside silicone mod, but it didnt worked for me.

Triflanges were too long so i cut them and did them double flanges. they are not bad but they hurts a little.

do you have another idea?

May 20, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #380 of 1,122
I use the largest tips from TB or my Sony Hybrids and simply plug my outer ear opening versus the canal itself and they are almost completely forgettable in ear and sound great. In fact doing it the way I do I have to be carefull I don't get to good a seal as it then creates pressure in my ear.

May 20, 2009 at 9:23 AM Post #381 of 1,122
Looks like I'll be able to have the Turbines shipped to the US and then brought over next month
smily_headphones1.gif
(hooray for not having to wait for FS sales). Anyone got any updates on their MacMall experience, or Turbines in general? I don't wanna order it and then find out there is a new set that completely owns it for the same price... Also anyone know about the warranty service in Canada?

May 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #382 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the Turbines and didn't care much for the OEM tips or the Complys with them either, but the hybrids really made a difference for me fit/seal-wise. And kept the highs and mids clear. I tried them all, but settled on the large (light green). Best seal and sound for me. Hope it works for you.

I definately agree with you that as far as the fit, Sonys are the best for me so far. But it seems that you have to give up a little of the imaging on the sonys. It seems to me that with the large stock round tips the staging is bigger, and the instruments are clearer. Its a tough decision but at least the Sonys keep the seal through my commute on the NYC subways!

May 21, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #383 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just put on my Audeo Silicone Ear Guides that jinp6301 was so kind as to help me get and I have to say they are the slickest darn things I have ever got if you like to sling your cables over your ear to minimize microphonics, without the guides always had some microphonics and the cables would fall over the place if I pulled the phones from my ears to hear someone. Now there is no microphonics (they even almost completely got rid of the footstep thump thing) and they keep my phones in place and I can leave the phones dangling for a minute if I need to quickly talk to someone.

The guides are a winner in my books, highly recommended.

Just wanted to say thank you dweaver, for suggesting the Audeo Silicone Guides. I just picked these up on Monday and have been using them and the wires don't fall off my ears anymore!
smile.gif
I wear the turbines while I work and my job requires me to move about all the time so these ear guides keep the wires on my ears, plus it's really comfortable too. Before the ear guides I always felt as if the wires are digging into my ears.

IMG_3555.JPG

May 21, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #384 of 1,122
Your welcome :) I just passed along someone elses suggestion that I followed...

I find mine coming out of the guides now so I should have kept the extra pair handy but they still work OK, I may see if I can help them stay in the guides somehow, a dab of glue gun glue slightly cooled so as to not damage the cable might do the trick, have think hard about that though as I don't want to hurt my babies...

May 21, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #385 of 1,122
Hey guys,

My first post here on head-fi!

I recently bought a pair of monster turbines after reading a couple reviews here on head-fi. I think they are great, i have used the vmoda vibes, cx300, metro-fi 200 and shure e3c and these absolutely trounce them. They keep the bass i liked from my previous headphones and now there are great mids and highs to go with them.

However, like many people I am afraid that the cable will break. I have a bad history with in-ears as all of my previous headphones have broken on me within one year of use, mostly due to cable issues.
frown.gif

I got an extended warranty for these though, so im not too worried now.

However a bigger issue i have now is that whenever i insert the monster turbines into my ears I hear a crackling sound, which i think may be the diaphragm deforming, i do feel pressure in my ear, meaning that air is being pushed into the diaphragm. As of now, the SQ isn't affected, but I am worrying that this will develop into a more serious issue. Do any of you have this same problem? And should i exchange to get another pair? I got these from future shop so i have like 30 days to exchange them.

Just to tell you guys though, i already exchanged before for a new pair already, as my first pair had the same crackling problem. Maybe third time's the charm?

May 21, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #386 of 1,122
I use the Sony Hybrid tips with mine and I have that crackling issue when I put the left side in too fast. Try sliding them gently into your ear rather than popping them in directly or wriggling them a little as you put them in. Doing so will allow the air to escape out rather push against the drivers.

ClieOS wrote an informative post about the air pressure thing here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/i...7/#post5700196

May 25, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #389 of 1,122
Anybody have the Westone UM1 or has listened to them that has any ideas of a comparison?

I cannot choose between these two at all. I've asked for information, help and even with it all just cannot choose.

May 25, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #390 of 1,122
just ordered myself a pair after reading almost every page on this topic ,cant wait
smily_headphones1.gif

by the way I ordered my friend the Nuforce Ne-7m, compared to those is there really that much of a difference, or is the difference not really that great. Comfort wise i hear the turbines are far superior, but are the nuforce just as enjoyable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back