Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Apr 2, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #139 of 1,122
Wanted to add my intense appreciation for the Turbines. I'm a basshead and rap lover and these blow my mind every day. In fact, I'm getting excited just thinking about leaving work in 5 minutes and spending a couple hours walking around the city gettin' my jammy jam on.

I've been looking to get a portable amp to increase the bass even more (yeah i've got a problem). Anyone paired the turbines with the Fiio e5 or ibasso t4?

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:51 PM Post #140 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by used-2-rap-on-headphones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanted to add my intense appreciation for the Turbines. I'm a basshead and rap lover and these blow my mind every day. In fact, I'm getting excited just thinking about leaving work in 5 minutes and spending a couple hours walking around the city gettin' my jammy jam on.

I've been looking to get a portable amp to increase the bass even more (yeah i've got a problem). Anyone paired the turbines with the Fiio e5 or ibasso t4?

Heh. That's exactly how I felt when I got the Turbines. They actually made me happy to have an excuse to use them. I'm a basshead as well and they made me try out tracks I haven't listened to in a while, just to hear what they sound like on the Turbines.

I use mine with the Fiio E5. They add a little more punch to the bass which sounds awesome with hip hop, from Lil Wayne to Antipop Consortium. I haven't used the ibasso T4, so I can't do a comparision, but I would say the E5 is good enough if what you want is a bass boost.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #143 of 1,122
you can use them over the ear as well as any: easier in fact as they don't have long sheathed sleeve: so they work fine - but you may have to work to get the cable to stay down: mine came off from around the ear very often.

as for the dr dre phones: i have no idea how different they sound: i hope to get a pair of the tours if only to buy, review then sell again as i don't really need them. they have a nice look though.

Apr 3, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #144 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meaning that... they don't work in that regard or what?

They will work, but they are just not designed to be that way, unlike the super fi or klipsch custom, the wire is too fragile.

Apr 3, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #145 of 1,122
if you can get a better seal or more comfort or less microphonics with the wire over the ear, I'd do that regardless of how they were designed. For me, though, the turbines fit and seal the best with the sony hybrid tips (recco'd by some genius in the other big thread) with wires hanging down. I eliminate the wire sounds by running the wire between my clothes (like a tee and hoodie) as my source is always in my pocket -- I realize this may not work for other people.

Apr 3, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #147 of 1,122
EPEX10A, around $9 for a pack on Amazon. They also work with the IE8s, and I stumbled upon them when I got a pair from Sony with a pair of free canalphones (via VISA points). I'm no genius, but I did first advise that they worked with the IE8s, then noticed they also worked with the Turbines. Oddly, I've sold both my IE8s and Turbines (much favor the Westone 3s, but that's another story). So now I have two sets of the hybrids (I bought an extra set for the Senns). If interested, PM me and I will sell them to you.

Apr 3, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #148 of 1,122
are they the same hybrid tips supplied with victor phones since last year and with nuforce models too? if so, those are brilliant: i have used them with every phone and loved them for comfort and longevity: indeed, they seem to last longer than the olives and with less discomfort!

but i prefer the sound of the ety foamies.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #150 of 1,122
I tried pushing the stock large single flange tips all the way to the main housing, which shortens the sound tube. I found that this brightens up the FR, bringing treble more forward, and seemed to open the soundstage a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back