Monster Turbine Appreciation Thread
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #123 of 1,122
Comply users: Not happy with them? Too muddy? Missing top-end?

Put them on backwards!

Slide them on as far as possible, there should be about a 1/8 inch recess from the edge of the inner foam to the end of the nozzle. I still find the non-hybrid Sonys the most balanced tip for my ear canal but this seemed to really make the Comply foams almost acceptable.

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #125 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply users: Not happy with them? Too muddy? Missing top-end?

Put them on backwards!

Slide them on as far as possible, there should be about a 1/8 inch recess from the edge of the inner foam to the end of the nozzle. I still find the non-hybrid Sonys the most balanced tip for my ear canal but this seemed to really make the Comply foams almost acceptable.

Lol thanks i didnt think about that, ill try it out soon.

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #126 of 1,122
Does the Comply foam tips really help? I'm debating whether or not to buy these buy the turbines.

Apr 2, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #127 of 1,122
I just received mine today... and i'm not overly impressed. "Ear Speaker" my ass, lol! The music sounds as canned and small as my other IEM's - the craptatic $20 Sony MDR-EX51LP Fontopia's. Hmmm... i think i'll try burning them in and see if they open up.

I also get a lot of noise when i touch or rub the cable.

Apr 2, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #129 of 1,122
I'm just being too harsh on IEM's in general. I was expecting a more headphone like presentation with the Turbines. I only had about 30min of testing them when i wrote my previous post. But now that i've used them some more, they def sound better then my sony IEM's. Much more clear and full bodied. Believe it or not, i'm happy with them. Just my first 10min impression was a little underwhelming, that's all.

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #130 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnmnkh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM in general are not suitable for working out because of sweat problem.

They work great for the gym. Maybe if you sweat buckets out your ear there might be a problem, but for general cardio and especially for lifting they are fine.

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #131 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foe-hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just my first 10min impression was a little underwhelming, that's all.

I think that happens to most people. I was ready to send mine back but I took everyone's advice and let them burn in and have tried a bunch of different tips. Try the silicone tips from your MDREX51s. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I personally think the openings on the Monster supplied tips are way to small and roll off the top end and close up the sound stage.

I am on week three and they have about 50+ hours on them. Now that I have found the tips that suit my sound preference and fit my ears, I cannot be happier with the Turbines.

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #133 of 1,122
Quote:

Originally Posted by dC0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the Comply foam tips really help? I'm debating whether or not to buy these buy the turbines.

Wondering how they will compare to your Denon C551's. I was thinking about getting the Turbines as well since they are great with bass and in my price range.

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #135 of 1,122
I wear them upside down and I don't have the bumping problem that shigzeo mentions, you can also use a clip that comes with handsfree headphone sets it works nicely.

Here are pics wearing it normally and using the reverse mod:
Normal.jpg

reversemod.jpg

Basically with the reverse mod they don't stick out at all, they're very VERY comfortable and I don't have any problem with the wires.you can also chose not to wear them over the ears with the reverse mod, but Id recommend over the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back