Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
May 27, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #2,161 of 2,269
They're not that bad in terms of build. You just can't carry them around in your pocket like I do. I bike around a lot and bring them everywhere with me, and then the strain reliefs broke. Plus the microphonics are pretty bad.
If you're just using them at home it should be perfectly fine. They are great sounding IEMs. And helped me discover my favorite sound signature.

Unfortunately I do carry Iems in my pocket non chalantly, but I guess I'll hav to avoid that now ^^. For active use i use my se215 the most I'll do with my miles davis are walk, I don't get too bothered by microphonics though. By any chance is there a hook or a guider that will make over the ear wear easier?

Jun 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #2,163 of 2,269
Right!

I have a pair of Tributes here which were purchased from another member and him from another making me the third owner. I'm absolutely tired of having them here laying around and will let them go for $100  "anywhere" (buyer pays shipping) Sales in the sig, there's nothing wrong them besides the paint wear marks.

I neeeeeeed to move them on for another purchase and can't stand the sight of them any longer.

((SOLD))

Jun 2, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2,164 of 2,269
Meanwhile, MMDT are available refurbished for $112.00 shipped with coupon, direct from Monster. 3 month warranty. For that price, I'd reconsider getting them again. I felt a lot of the original price I paid was in the extras and never felt right about the extras sitting in a drawer.

http://dealnews.com/Monster-Outlet-Store-coupon-25-off-headphones-speakers-and-more/581220.html

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #2,166 of 2,269
Just got mine from the refurbished deal, they sound great but right off the bat the little gold plastic at the bottom of the relief is falling off and it slides down the cable on each earbud... Im contacting monster tomorrow.

Jun 12, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #2,167 of 2,269
Hello again! So here it is, I am one step away from ordering my first set of audiophile IEMs and I still havent decided and I dont want to regret my choice in future. Right now, I am deciding between these (MDTs) and Senns IE80s. Mainly I listen to all subgenres of EDM (mostly trance), stuff like Funkadelic, John Frusciante and so on and I consider myself a bass-head. Sadly, I couldnt find any comprehensive comprasion of MDTs to IE80s, so I would be really thankful if someone could compare these two, bass quality / quantity, mids, highs and so on. Cheers

//Source will be Cowon J3

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #2,169 of 2,269
You'll enjoy the entire package. It's impressive. It sounds very nice for it's niche. 
smile.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #2,170 of 2,269
Since you're a Funkadelic fan, as an example of how awesome these earphones are, listen to Baby I Owe You Something Good on the Let's Take It To The Stage album. The way they handle the vocals blows me away every time. Listen really loud.

Jun 18, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #2,171 of 2,269
Hey! I got them on Friday actually, so its already like 50 hours of burn in so I guess this is their final sound. 

They came in brown velvet box with everything they should have, two sets of supertips, tri-flange tips, Miles Davis double CD, 2 pouches and 1 case. I bought them from Pixmania, which I do believe is legit shop and I am 100% sure they are not fakes. Grill is pushed out, jack has correct dimensions aaaaand, did I mention MIND BLOWING sound? Coming from earphones like CX300II, the difference in sound quality is incredible. Back then I thought: "hey, these have awesome bass, I cant believe something can hit even more hard". Heh. How wrong was I. 
I am no audiophile yet, these are my first pair of earphones so I wont comment "how" they sound, only thing I can say is that they sound incredible. Worth every cent, exactly what I was looking for, earthquake bass and crystal clear vocals aswell. Really excited about them. Listening to Immersion album from Pendulum and I am not sure how long till my head will explode and splash my brain on wall from that amount of bass lol ^^

Jun 20, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #2,172 of 2,269
Quote:
Hey! I got them on Friday actually, so its already like 50 hours of burn in so I guess this is their final sound. 

They came in brown velvet box with everything they should have, two sets of supertips, tri-flange tips, Miles Davis double CD, 2 pouches and 1 case. I bought them from Pixmania, which I do believe is legit shop and I am 100% sure they are not fakes. Grill is pushed out, jack has correct dimensions aaaaand, did I mention MIND BLOWING sound? Coming from earphones like CX300II, the difference in sound quality is incredible. Back then I thought: "hey, these have awesome bass, I cant believe something can hit even more hard". Heh. How wrong was I. 
I am no audiophile yet, these are my first pair of earphones so I wont comment "how" they sound, only thing I can say is that they sound incredible. Worth every cent, exactly what I was looking for, earthquake bass and crystal clear vocals aswell. Really excited about them. Listening to Immersion album from Pendulum and I am not sure how long till my head will explode and splash my brain on wall from that amount of bass lol ^^

Glad you like 'em. If you even want to enjoy them more you could buy some TX400 foam tips they isolate great and sound great. Oh btw.. they're 25$ 

Jun 22, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #2,173 of 2,269
Glad you like 'em. If you even want to enjoy them more you could buy some TX400 foam tips they isolate great and sound great. Oh btw.. they're 25$ 

Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the comply obsorb higher frequencies? (I'm no audiophile btw) These Tributes are also great. Sadly, I got refurbs, almost none of the tips they gave me were to my liking, so I'm thinking about trying the Sony Hybrids and the Super tips from Monster.

Jun 23, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #2,174 of 2,269
Well, I received mine last week on the monster refurb deal.  To say the least, I don't like them.  They may sound good with a poorly recorded 70 year old jazz recording but sound horrible with any type of modern music that I've tried.  For comparison my full size cans are AKG-701s and these are no where near in their league.  The bass is way overdone which makes the rest of the music range cloudy.  I'm driving them with a Fiio E7, could that be the culprit?  Or maybe they need burned in?  I figured since they were refurbished that wouldn't be necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back