Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 12, 2012 at 5:55 AM Post #1,759 of 2,269
I hope people aren't cranking the volume on these out of the box.  These drivers are somewhat delicate and it's pretty easy to mess them up doing some crazy aggressive burn-in ritual.

Mar 12, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #1,760 of 2,269
My favorite headphones for Jazz and female vocals has been my ATH-ESW9, they are colored similarly to the MMDT but I might even prefer the MMDT more.  I think it sounds bigger than the ESW9!  I really have been searching for this IEM for the past month or two and didn't really even know it.  Thanks to a joker recommendation and this great deal, I'm extremely happy. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #1,761 of 2,269
My MDT's just arrived - brown box :)
They are with my auntie in the US
I might buy a 2nd pair from another head-fier - bought the second pair!!
If I like the MDT's a lot I'll keep both. If I don't like it that much, then 1 set will go BNIB to a head-fier (at the same price I paid)

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,765 of 2,269
What Anaxilus is saying that the drivers are fine,but you run the risk of driver reflex damage when burning them in with "crank up to the max, sometimes ampted!" volume for long periods.  My first set of MDT was RMA'ed because I did just that.  The MDT drivers need to be warmed up and settled before cranking up the volume.  It's best to burn them with normal listening volume and keep it at that level from there on out.

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #1,766 of 2,269
I see. I guess that applies to every phones, not just MTMD then.

Quote:
What Anaxilus is saying that the drivers are fine,but you run the risk of driver reflex damage when burning them in with "crank up to the max, sometimes ampted!" volume for long periods.  My first set of MDT was RMA'ed because I did just that.  The MDT drivers need to be warmed up and settled before cranking up the volume.  It's best to burn them with normal listening volume and keep it at that level from there on out.

Mar 13, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #1,769 of 2,269

Quote:
What's the difference between the two different colored boxes?

Well ORIGINALLY - I'm talking about first release here, they had a black coloured box.
Since then, Monster changed the box to brown - I think to counter fake seller.

So nowadays, unless you get a pair of really old MTD's the box should be brown.
Thus why I wouldn't accept getting a black box these days. (to save myself the hassle)

Quote:
Still patiently waiting mine to arrive...
Is the "Unheard Warranty" applies internationally?

yup should do.
I remember asking them about this.
Usually we would have to go via the US monster branch - but if you are cheeky enough, you might be able to get through via the Monster EU branch

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #1,770 of 2,269

The black box is also about 2/3 the size of the brown - brown has that 'limited edition' feel to it.

Quote:
Well ORIGINALLY - I'm talking about first release here, they had a black coloured box.
Since then, Monster changed the box to brown - I think to counter fake seller.

So nowadays, unless you get a pair of really old MTD's the box should be brown.
Thus why I wouldn't accept getting a black box these days. (to save myself the hassle)

yup should do.
I remember asking them about this.
Usually we would have to go via the US monster branch - but if you are cheeky enough, you might be able to get through via the Monster EU branch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back