Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Nov 15, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #1,441 of 2,269
Quote:
Sounds like a good suggestion, Generic super glue is fine?

I would strongly recommend going with the cyanoacrylate epoxy. It can be had for less than 5 bucks at a hardware store and is very effective at bonding plastics. The epoxy is great because it comes out clear, literally fuses the plastics together, and you need very little for it to work(you need a fraction of a drop for your job). If youre new with epoxy's, I'd recommend practicing with a few plastics before trying it on your expensive IEM's.
Just be careful not to get any on you it as it will bond your fingers with whatever they touch!

Hint, when applying the epoxy, dab very little on the cable closest to the part that isnt sliding. as you bring the broken strain relief to the epoxy, it will begin scooping up some of the epoxy and help it bond to the fixed side of the strain relief. just be quick; you only have one shot as this stuff will bond almost instantly to anything elastic

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #1,442 of 2,269
Oh dear, Black Friday hit me hard with these ones.
Somewhere around 200$ here in Norway. Good enough consolation when amazon wont give me any TF10 love.
Should be arriving by monday. I can hardly wait.
I have a feeling these will be the replacement I am looking for after my Super.fi 5 EBs. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #1,447 of 2,269

Quote:
I love my MDT's but I really wish they had more soundstage. I use them with a Zune Hd and a Clip+. Is there any tip that could help in this regard ?

Which tip are you using now? How about Sony Hybrids?

Dec 14, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #1,449 of 2,269
They were tuned to be "intimate" sounding, so you'll just have to live with the soundstage methinks.

Quote:
I love my MDT's but I really wish they had more soundstage. I use them with a Zune Hd and a Clip+. Is there any tip that could help in this regard ?

Dec 15, 2011 at 6:10 AM Post #1,450 of 2,269

Quote:
Which tip are you using now? How about Sony Hybrids?

I'm using the meelec tips that were suggested on this thread (single flange). They are the most confortable I've found. I used sony hybrids once with other earphones, but they weren't my cup of tea.

Quote:
They were tuned to be "intimate" sounding, so you'll just have to live with the soundstage methinks.

That's what I was thinking. But I had to ask anyway. Does anyone can recommend an iem with the bass and mids similar to the MDT but with a wider soundstage? That would be my perfect earphone. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #1,454 of 2,269
You get the option to get warranty thru SquareTrade at extra cost. I am not sure why but that is amazon's 

You might get a one-time exchange from Monster but not the lifetime warranty

Just wait amazon might drop the price again, it was at $299 for a while. I got mine  last xmas from Monster for $299 plus tax, few days later amazon dropped  their price too. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #1,455 of 2,269

Quote:
You get the option to get warranty thru SquareTrade at extra cost. I am not sure why but that is amazon's 

You might get a one-time exchange from Monster but not the lifetime warranty

Just wait amazon might drop the price again, it was at $299 for a while. I got mine  last xmas from Monster for $299 plus tax, few days later amazon dropped  their price too. 

Yeah, i guess thats the best way.    I really want to have the lifetime warranty, only becuz
its lifetime and thats how long I plan on using em.   

But, man, being in this forum can get a little expensive.  I can't believe people
dish out mad cash for earphones.  :-?  

Well, reading this thread has convinced me big time to get these MD, and im not even an audiophile.  I hope its sound makes me happy becuz Im tired of buying iems for a while.  Ever since I found this place, i've been paycheque to paycheque and then some.   

I do like the Coppers and hope that these compliments them.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back