Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 29, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #1,172 of 2,269

Quote:
Wow, I've never had the static issue.  Does it happen if you wear them over the ear?

yep. thats pretty much the only way I wear mine. although I will admit, my robe does create a shartload of static(a cheap $20 Nautica); I doubt they thought about field testing this with their engineers wearing bathrobes while lying on polyfiber throws
tongue.gif

I seriously do think the shielding plays into the freakiskly short lifespan; since my Coppers have already outlasted 3 pairs of MD's :|

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:37 AM Post #1,173 of 2,269
A couple questions for those who've experienced pronounced sibilance with their MDs (since it doesn't seem to be a universal phenomenon): Have you also listened to the Turbine Pro Coppers? If so, how (in your experience) do they compare in terms of their presentation and handling of sibilance?

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #1,174 of 2,269

Quote:
A couple questions for those who've experienced pronounced sibilance with their MDs (since it doesn't seem to be a universal phenomenon): Have you also listened to the Turbine Pro Coppers? If so, how (in your experience) do they compare in terms of their presentation and handling of sibilance?

From my experience with my first pair of MDs which is defectively tuned or sth, The sibilance when using Super-Tips Gel is slightly worse than a Turbine Pro Coppers with the Monster Stock Single-Flange. Which both makes female vocals kinda fatiguing and not really listenable over the time..

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #1,175 of 2,269
Well I called Monster and they are going to be sending me a 4th pair of Miles Davis because of the static problem. The rep told me they don't usually get calls about the Miles Davis line. The static I incur is when walking outside wearing my winter coat and putting my ipod in my coat pocket. Static is only released in the left earbud, which has had problems before. I wear the earbuds exclusively over the ear with phonak ear guides. I have not had static issues with my previous pairs, but come to think of it, I have never worn them during the winter months.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,177 of 2,269
Never seen one like that before.  If that's a 'new' batch it's the first I've seen of it.  Got anything else to show us?

Apr 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #1,180 of 2,269

Quote:

Need some help knowing if its realy or fake. I notice the top of the earphone is unlike some, is that because of a batch difference or are that mine are fakes ? 

The recessed grill seems to be an indication of a fake MD, but you got anything else to show us? Such as the blue interior of the "Miles Davis" Luxurious Case

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #1,181 of 2,269
those Tributes above look like any other pair of fakes that people have posted.

whoever paid for them got hosed.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #1,182 of 2,269
I just got a used pair of these; and the difference from my triple-fis to these Monsters are night and day. The Miles Davis give a boomy style-base. And the timbre (is that the word?); whatever the world for the realness of drum hits, is less than the triple-fis. Maybe because it gets thrown off by the base.  These headphones are definitely not fatiguing. The lack of timbre kills the sense of sound-stage though.

|Joker|'s description seems perfect; in his multi-IEM thread.

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #1,183 of 2,269

Quote:
I just got a used pair of these; and the difference from my triple-fis to these Monsters are night and day. The Miles Davis give a boomy style-base. And the timbre (is that the word?); whatever the world for the realness of drum hits, is less than the triple-fis. Maybe because it gets thrown off by the base.  These headphones are definitely not fatiguing. The lack of timbre kills the sense of sound-stage though.

|Joker|'s description seems perfect; in his multi-IEM thread.

Actually Timbre and Bass-wise is pretty reliant on the player used, Like on my J3 and eq set to "Maestro", it pretty much give MDs an edge in overall balance, timbre and bass control =)

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #1,184 of 2,269
Icic, let's play with EQ settings then.

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #1,185 of 2,269
I'm going to call Monster this week as they have been ignoring my emails.

Has anyone been through the RMA process with monster before? I still don't know if the lifetime warranty is transferrable so I'll probably say they were a gift which have suddenly become faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back