Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Mar 30, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #316 of 2,269
Rawster and Kunlun listening to iem's together? Man, that's almost enough reason to hop the train from Albany to watch. Best show in town
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #317 of 2,269
oh wow Albany lol. It's like memory lane for me. It's a shame you didn't join head-fi earlier. That's where I lived the last 5 years or so.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #319 of 2,269
Wow I'm just beginning to notice the abundance of NYC folk here XD. I dorm in the city and live like 20 mins away during vacation. Unfortunately I have little I could contribute to a listening session XD.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #320 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't live in Albany, but 40 minutes away, in VT.....but the train makes hitting the big apple so stress free!

The next time you're going to be in the city, let me know. I'll buy you an ice cream cone!

Or a mooncake, or some pad thai, or a beer...

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM Post #321 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Napilopez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow I'm just beginning to notice the abundance of NYC folk here XD. I dorm in the city and live like 20 mins away during vacation. Unfortunately I have little I could contribute to a listening session XD.

Yeah lots of people here are from NYC or pretty close to it. What makes you think I have much to contribute? :p It's about trying different iem's that you might not have the chance to otherwise short of putting down the cash to buy it. All I need now are a set of MD's and then I'll have tried out their entire new line :p

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #322 of 2,269
Wow, I lived in Westchester County, N.Y. for almost seven years prior to moving back home to Chicago in the early 00s. I lived in White Plains, Port Chester and Rye. I miss N.Y. sometimes...lol. Will probably be back there on some business in May or June.

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #323 of 2,269
I browse these forums frequently and just decided to join today. I purchased the Miles Davis headphones from OneCall with their open box deal. I can't wait to receive them. I have never owned a pair of IEMs and I ordered the Coppers through Dell but I don't really have any hope for that deal anymore. I am upgrading from a pair of PX200-IIs. Hopefully I will be impressed.

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #324 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, I lived in Westchester County, N.Y. for almost seven years prior to moving back home to Chicago in the early 00s. I lived in White Plains, Port Chester and Rye. I miss N.Y. sometimes...lol. Will probably be back there on some business in May or June.

Westchester is my home county =] I live in Yonkers but as I go to school in the city, I dorm here. I'm not far at all from home and financial aid covers the dorming, so why not :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRNemesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I browse these forums frequently and just decided to join today. I purchased the Miles Davis headphones from OneCall with their open box deal. I can't wait to receive them. I have never owned a pair of IEMs and I ordered the Coppers through Dell but I don't really have any hope for that deal anymore. I am upgrading from a pair of PX200-IIs. Hopefully I will be impressed.

Hope you enjoy them! Not that I've heard them, but I upgraded from the PX200-IIs as well, just to the HJE900. The MDs should at the very least be as "good" as the HJE900, despite having a different sound signature. I put good in quotation marks because that depends on whether or not you like the sound sig(though I would assume you would, having done the research. Te PX200-IIs are just slightly on the warm side, pretty close to neutral actually I'd say, so these will probably be a good deal warmer. Having said that, I think if anything you might only need some time to adjust to the IEM-ness of the sound. The PX200-II is very open sounding for a closed headphone, and though the soundstage of my HJE900 is definitely better than the PX200-IIs, it's not exactly bigger. But anyways, I think you will enjoy them a lot =]

Mar 30, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #325 of 2,269
I feel I will enjoy the MDs because with both the PX200-IIs and the HD 448s I own, I just feel a little underwhelmed with the lack of bass they have. Not to mention I hate the inline volume control of the PX200-IIs, especially after my clip broke off. I will give my impressions once I receive the MDs, hopefully later this week.

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #326 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDRNemesis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel I will enjoy the MDs because with both the PX200-IIs and the HD 448s I own, I just feel a little underwhelmed with the lack of bass they have. Not to mention I hate the inline volume control of the PX200-IIs, especially after my clip broke off. I will give my impressions once I receive the MDs, hopefully later this week.

These are your first iems?

Cool. Keep in mind that fit is a huge factor in getting the best sound!

If the MDs sound like they have no bass, that's the fit--you need a better seal.

If the MDs sound muffled and distant with a feeling of pressure in the ear, or like they are coming through a tunnel, that's the fit--you need to pull them out a little and fiddle a bit to relieve any pressure build up.

If there are large quantities of yellow/brown pus coming out of your ears, that's the fi--oops, sorry, that's an infection, see a doctor right away...

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #328 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah lots of people here are from NYC or pretty close to it. What makes you think I have much to contribute? :p It's about trying different iem's that you might not have the chance to otherwise short of putting down the cash to buy it. All I need now are a set of MD's and then I'll have tried out their entire new line :p

This....you wouldn't need to own anything to add to the mix, you don't have to be an iem collecter to add value, I like seeing A/B thoughts from people no matter how many or few things they own. The number of items you own, is of no matter, all you need as far as I'm concerned is a pair of ears.
One headfier from NYC area (forget his name) owns a ton of gear both home and portable, and always welcomes folks to listen to his gear for evaluation.
It's fun letting people listen for themselves.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #329 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kunlun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are your first iems?

Cool. Keep in mind that fit is a huge factor in getting the best sound!

If the MDs sound like they have no bass, that's the fit--you need a better seal.

If the MDs sound muffled and distant with a feeling of pressure in the ear, or like they are coming through a tunnel, that's the fit--you need to pull them out a little and fiddle a bit to relieve any pressure build up.

If there are large quantities of yellow/brown pus coming out of your ears, that's the fi--oops, sorry, that's an infection, see a doctor right away...

I owned some Maximo im-590s that I got for Christmas but the left bud stopped working. I liked the isolation but the cloth braided cord used was too microphonic for me, even over the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back