Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Jan 27, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #886 of 2,269
would the MDs  also shine with Rock? will the Mids do its thing? i listen to New Found Glory then dream theater, and also wan to test it with Linkin Park's Faint(love the intro there)
can you share me your thing about its performance on the Rock genre.. would appreciate it

thanks..

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #887 of 2,269

Quote:
would the MDs  also shine with Rock? will the Mids do its thing? i listen to New Found Glory then dream theater, and also wan to test it with Linkin Park's Faint(love the intro there)
can you share me your thing about its performance on the Rock genre.. would appreciate it

thanks..

Hmm MDs is pretty well all-rounded to me, They sound rich, musical, immersive and everything is just nicely done in quantity and quality, They don't offer mind-blowing details like UM3X or the customs.

But their "glossy-coloring" in their sound still keeps them reasonably revealing for the price, without any other trade-offs and sound
pleasantly special for all genres alike =)

(P.S. I do listen to quite a wide genre of songs though mostly is in Mandarin, But i haven heard any genre that MDs has fall short of myself)

Jan 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #889 of 2,269
thank you for that.. now i'm really convinced on the MDs...
i'm so excited about the impact of electric guitars diving into my soul hehe
gosh how i love the MIDS..

my only concern is i am from Philippines there is no MONSTER here, amazon don't even ship here, im gonna receive my MDs thru my relatives .. there's a lot of risk in it.. i just wish i don't receive the defective ones.. im gonna have a hard time
thinkin about the LIFETIME WARRANTY which i think will not be applicable to me here

thanks

Feb 1, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #890 of 2,269
i ordered a pair from a seller on amazon for 160$ this week just got them in and they are quite convincing but fake. They have plastic gold colored backs and sound pretty awful. Got a refund and am going to spend 100 bucks more to get some refurbs from onecall. i cant wait to hear the real ones. Just a heads up

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #891 of 2,269

Quote:
i ordered a pair from a seller on amazon for 160$ this week just got them in and they are quite convincing but fake. They have plastic gold colored backs and sound pretty awful. Got a refund and am going to spend 100 bucks more to get some refurbs from onecall. i cant wait to hear the real ones. Just a heads up

Bugger. I suppose I couldnt tempt you with a pair of brand new MD's eh? I received mine from monster after dealing with a left driver problem. Anyway, if anyone else is interested, I'll be posting in the FS forum. $280 shipped ConUS, including paypal fees. $260 for local pickup
wink.gif

Edit: I forgot to mention, I will be including original receipt, which should keep them valid for the lifetime warranty

Feb 2, 2011 at 5:01 AM Post #894 of 2,269
Is there any possibility to get them in Europe from an authorized dealer for no more than 300$ (300 Pounds on amazon.co.uk is a little too much)?

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:17 AM Post #895 of 2,269

Quote:
The Clip+ actually doesn't do well with the MDs. New generation Ipods actually do fairly well and an S:Flo2. 

I think it's a good combination. I'm using the Clip+ Rockboxed with a Fiio E5 amp.

In Rockbox...I'm using the Hip Hop preset EQ...bumped up the two low bass setting just a tad, bumped up the cutoff on both to 170 and 260 respectively. Widened out the stereo width to 225%. It's got a great sound to me.

Cheers.

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #897 of 2,269

Quote:
It does okay but you're not bringing the best out of them, they like more powerful sources.

im listening to them right now on my rockboxed fuze and e5. i really like the sound but im not 100% crazy about them honestly.

have you tried them on an unamped S:Flo2? i have one on the way but its going to be a few weeks until i get it.

Feb 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #899 of 2,269

Quote:
It does okay but you're not bringing the best out of them, they like more powerful sources.

Forgive my infantile Q's...new tho this stuff.

So using an E5 amp with my Clip+ is not powerful enough? I know that the Clip by itself is lacking, but I felt the little amp to drive them really well.

I'm starting to consider an HM601

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #900 of 2,269
I've just bought a pair of these and I'm not convinced of their authenticity. I've seen some fakes before and these are much better. They do have proper supertips in the box in two little packs. The Kind Of Blue CD was inside the box and the colour was right not extra bright like the fakes. They also sound better than the fakes I've seen. However the box says there should be an Ultimate Headphone Test CD in the box and there isn't and I'm not sure if the gold bit of the housing is metal (I don't want to scratch in case I need to return) the gold part doesn't feel as cold to touch as the other part. There is no serial number on the headphones themselves or inside the hard case. Is there any other ways to spot fakes either in the contents, on the phones or the box?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back