Monster Miles Davis Tribute thread
Apr 21, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #481 of 2,269
@ ericp

already got all the eagles albums and just got the lynard skynard 70s albums as recomended by search,and had the steve miller bands greatest hits for years

ill have a look for santana, tom petty, heart, eny albums i should be looking out for?

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #482 of 2,269
Luco, that's something I"m not good at - recommending particular albums with '70s rock. With '70s rock I love compilations of the artists. But if I can think of particular albums I will let you know. Someone else may be able to chime in on this.

Apr 21, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #483 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericp10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Luco, that's something I"m not get at - recommending particular albums with '70s rock. With '70s rock I love compilations of the artists. But if I can think of particular albums I will let you know. Someone else may be able to chime in on this.

@ ericp, Ok ericp buddy
happy_face1.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #484 of 2,269
Canada Post tried delivering my MD's today but I wasn't home, so I'll get them tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! I've been keeping up with the RE0's weak bass impact, and it really sucks for blastbeats in Metal. They do everything else perfectly though.

Apr 22, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #485 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperfluxe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canada Post tried delivering my MD's today but I wasn't home, so I'll get them tomorrow afternoon. I can't wait! I've been keeping up with the RE0's weak bass impact, and it really sucks for blastbeats in Metal. They do everything else perfectly though.

Oh, you will find plenty here.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #488 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by justinxbailey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you say that the MD's are warmer than the RE0's? To me, the RE0's are near perfect tone.. not too warm and not too cold and never shrill or sibilant.

I have no experience with the RE0s but given that they have the similar characteristics of ER-4P/S which I'm very familiar with, I'd say MDs vastly differ in sound signature. MDs are more warmer, and more forgiving on bright sources.

If you are looking for an upgrade this may not be the right choice but if you're looking to venture into a different sound signature or if you just want IEMs that will complement your RE0s, I'd say you'd be making a smart choice.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #489 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are these with a sansa fuze? Is it good enough to drive it?

I would say no. Myself and others have agreed that the Fuze/Clip+ provides a rather thin sound w/ the Monsters. Not as much of an issue w/ BA phones IME.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #490 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say no. Myself and others have agreed that the Fuze/Clip+ provides a rather thin sound w/ the Monsters. Not as much of an issue w/ BA phones IME.

Hm. That's interesting. The Pro Golds and Coppers sound great (and anything but thin) out of my Fuze...

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #491 of 2,269
^ x2

The Golds, MD's and Coppers sounded great out of the fuze unamped.

@justinxbailey: the MD's are much warmer than the RE0. They are borderline too warm for me depending on the type of music played that day.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #492 of 2,269
My MDs were defective, sound cut out and I found if you squeezed the connector where the headphones split sound would come back. I'm going to be returning them to OneCall and they are going to send me a brand new set even though I got them open box.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #493 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ x2

The Golds, MD's and Coppers sounded great out of the fuze unamped.

@justinxbailey: the MD's are much warmer than the RE0. They are borderline too warm for me depending on the type of music played that day.

I continue to be amazed by how many people don't notice any grain or thinness on the Sansas (rockboxed or not). My friend noticed it on his Fuze V2 from the very first minute and I have a Clip+, just reconfirmed it A/Bing it once again w/ a 2g Nano.

Are you guys listening to MP3's or something?

Anyway, heres a link to my highly controversial thread. =O Decide for yourself.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/cl...really-481653/

P.S. After listening to Lionel Ritchie's 'All Night Long' words like 'wild' and 'fiesta' which reveal his natural vibrato turns into more of a gargle on the boxed Clip+. I also definitely hear more noise on the Sansa. I don't know if its a lack of power and/or excessive noise/distortion that is the issue I'm hearing.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #494 of 2,269
I don't need to look at that thread to decide for myself when I already like my fuze and have decided for myself already. All the files are v0 or 320kbps mp3. I see no point in running FLAC off a portable.

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #495 of 2,269
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't need to look at that thread to decide for myself when I already like my fuze and have decided for myself already. All the files are v0 or 320kbps mp3. I see no point in running FLAC off a portable.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to Ink who had the original question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back