monster customer support
Jan 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 46
I have never been able to get an email response from Monster. It looks like phone is the only way that works. 

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #17 of 46

Quote:
Well monster's CS used to be good because there is soundmatters helping people out in the forums. But somehow this guy went missing, I sent him a pm like 2 months ago regarding my coppers spliting issue, but he haven't replied yet. Guess I will have to contact them through e-mail.

LOL...give them a call, email is absolutely useless with these people....they just send you the same ol' automated email...

oh and also, it sounds like they used to pay for shipping both ways for defective goods, but now they force you to pay for shipping to them (at least that's what I got everytime i had a issue)

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 46

Quote:
That sucks, dude. I used to 100% believe in Monster's customer service but it has been lacking recently.
Hell, they dropped off a pair of Solo Beats to replace my Turbines and they didn't even pick up the Turbines.
blink.gif

huh...you mean you sent your turbines in for repair w/ insurance/signature confirmation and they never picked up the phones at the post office?

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #19 of 46

Quote:
oh and also, it sounds like they used to pay for shipping both ways for defective goods, but now they force you to pay for shipping to them (at least that's what I got everytime i had a issue)

You have to ask them for a shipping label straight up and they'll send you FedEx postage by email. They never offer it but so far I've not had a problem asking for one.

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #20 of 46
Ah sneaky :p

When I had to return my Coppers I paid for shipping to them myself. Of course it was like $5 total including the envelope so no big deal. Although Fedex is no where near me so probably wouldn't have done much anyway.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #21 of 46

Quote:
Call their 415 number, talk to the operator. Ask the operator to have a rep call you (leave your name and number). It works perfectly and Monster will even pay for shipping back to them (as per Joker's advice, you should ask for a shipping label).

Just reposting my incredible advice which also has the side effect of curing male pattern baldness.

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #24 of 46
 I called the 415 number...they transferred me to customer service where I waited for 43 min. before someone FINALLY picked up. They told me to return the turbines and gave me a return authorization number. Unfortunately, I did not think about asking them to pay for the shipping. I will mail them today, cross my fingers, and let everyone know what happens.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #25 of 46

Quote:
 I called the 415 number...they transferred me to customer service where I waited for 43 min. before someone FINALLY picked up. They told me to return the turbines and gave me a return authorization number. Unfortunately, I did not think about asking them to pay for the shipping. I will mail them today, cross my fingers, and let everyone know what happens.

Somebody didn't take my advice!

Somebody waited for 43 minutes on hold for no reason!

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 46
My MTP coppers also just had the right piece splitting issue a few days ago, bought from Amazon.com about 3 months ago.

I'm currently in Canada, Toronto, so I called their Canadian CS. The guy picked up the line right away, asked me to mail my purchase proof directly to his personal Monster mail.

By that same evening, he gave me the confirmation number, and told me to "Send in the headphones only, u can keep all the accessories and the box. We will send you a new replacement box"

Called CS the next day to confirm things just to be sure, the exact same guy picked up the phone, and DID recognize it was me who called yestersday!   O_o

Anyways, my phones are with them right now, waiting for a replacement.

I'd rather say my monster CS experience is positive and very satisfactory, but sad to hear you got such bad service.

Oh, and @Kunlun, sorry I didn't follow your advice as well, just read this today LOL, dint ask for the mailing labels :frowning2:

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #27 of 46
I am also here in Canada and I must say I have never experienced better Customer Service (better service here in Canada? 
tongue.gif
 ) Anyways I had a pair of two years old Monster Turbines from Futureshop, they broke about a year ago and I returned them for warranty at Futureshop, after which the warranty expired on them so I threw the receipt away. A few weeks ago the grill thing part of my Turbine fell off but I had no more proof of purchase and it was well out of warranty. So they just sat there collecting dust and I would use them occasionally when I workout. 

But I decided what da hell might as well at least try to see if Monster could repair them, got nothing to lose. So I called Monster and the customer service support picked up immediately, no hassle or wait. I explained to them my situation and the very nice man said that if I could take some pictures of the headphones and send to them and he would see if he could get a one time replacement for me. Wonderful! I sent him a few pics and within an hour he had replied and sent my a return authorization number for a brand new pair!!

Absolutely wonderful experience from Monster Customer support and warranty. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #28 of 46
Was the guy on the other side of the line Mr. Austin Cooney? Apparently this man was the person to pick up both my calls, and GREAT service, Compliments to him if he sees this
o2smile.gif

(Maybe it's really better service is canada?
tongue.gif
)

Quote:
I am also here in Canada and I must say I have never experienced better Customer Service (better service here in Canada? 
tongue.gif
 ) Anyways I had a pair of two years old Monster Turbines from Futureshop, they broke about a year ago and I returned them for warranty at Futureshop, after which the warranty expired on them so I threw the receipt away. A few weeks ago the grill thing part of my Turbine fell off but I had no more proof of purchase and it was well out of warranty. So they just sat there collecting dust and I would use them occasionally when I workout. 

But I decided what da hell might as well at least try to see if Monster could repair them, got nothing to lose. So I called Monster and the customer service support picked up immediately, no hassle or wait. I explained to them my situation and the very nice man said that if I could take some pictures of the headphones and send to them and he would see if he could get a one time replacement for me. Wonderful! I sent him a few pics and within an hour he had replied and sent my a return authorization number for a brand new pair!!

Absolutely wonderful experience from Monster Customer support and warranty. 

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #29 of 46
Yes it was! Really great guy!

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #30 of 46
Canadian eh?
I fixed my split housing with Krazy Glue, but that apparently voided my warranty says a fellow Head-Fi'er. Well, when the other housing splits, Krazy Glue. When the strain relief shears, as long as the cable is intact, Krazy Glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back