monster customer support
Nov 12, 2010 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

buffalowings

Went way too far, too many times.
Here's the story, I bought a pair of monster pro turbine coppers about a month and a half ago and when I opened to package, the semi gloss finish was chipping/cracking on many of the foam eartips and many of the super tips were slightly deformed as well. I sent monster cable a email informing them of the situation. and surprisingly, I never got a reply. Fast forward a couple days, after I finished listening, I removed the earpieces from my ear and I found the right one exhibited the shell splitting issue which was supposedly rectified with the later production units (mine was bought from onecall.com, new w/ the super ear tips) anyways, I hadn't received a reply yet to my first email so I was obviously peeved. In the end, I returned the headphones to onecall. Anyways, it has now been about a month and a half and I wanted to put monster's customer service to the test. I sent them another email informing them it had been over a month and i had yet to receive a reply to my email concerning the issues with the eartips and finally, after a few business days had past, I finally received a email instructing me to call there customer service line. I tried that day, and waited for over 20 minutes and never received a reply, yes, I called around 4:00 near there closing hours but to not receive a reply was unacceptable. I called again today, and finally, a customer representative picked up the phone. I tried explaining to him how I had received defective eartips with my headphones and how sent a email over a month ago and he explained they were upgrading/modifying the email system. All right, that's okay, but he then goes on to claim how he has never seen any of the problems I have described and he requested I send the headphones in for further examination. Well, that was the end for the test because I had already returned the phones over a month ago. But for clarification, a member on head-fi also received deformed super ear tips and monster acknowledged that they were defective because they should be bullet tip shaped, not permanently dented bullets. Having received defective eartips was enough, but to have the shell splitting issue as well, and the lack of customer service is unacceptable, yes, the agent agreed to send them in for further examination but to doubt my testimony to the problem adds further to the insult because a fellow head-fi member had experienced the same issue. Overall, lesson learned, avoid monster cable products. Yes, the phones have a lifetime warranty. but what's the point of a warranty when problems are abundant with poor customer service to resolve them.

enough ranting

James

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 46
I would recommend always taking pictures of the product before you send them back for repair, for evidence purposes.

Monster used to get praised for their customer services though, I guess it got worse after they became more mainstream?

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #6 of 46

Quote:
I would recommend always taking pictures of the product before you send them back for repair, for evidence purposes.

Monster used to get praised for their customer services though, I guess it got worse after they became more mainstream?

too late for that,I returned them already, this was simply a test of there customer service...and no, I don't need there ear tips, I wasn't here to get free eartips...IMO, they aren't even that great as many reviewers have already stated. Seems like the customer rep had a lot of faith in them....by the way, I gave monster a chance having bought there headphones in the first place with high expectations but they fell short in the end. They can't even compete with Mp4nation in terms of customer service, when i sent them a email regarding the stalk on the small ear tips tearing, they didn't reply for a couple days, but when I checked my email, I received a shipping confirmation for the replacement eartip...now that is service. Keep in mind they were sent from hong kong, with a tracking number, in total the shipping would have cost more than the contents themselves

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:33 PM Post #7 of 46
That's a shame James.  My experience was pretty positive.  I had the splitting issue with my Copper's when I received them (first batch).  I came here for assistance and learned that Monster has a member here on Head-Fi, soundmatters12.  I contacted him via PM and he was very helpful, he advised me to call.  I had already read that their website's reporting/e-mail system stunk and that they weren't responsive.  Anyway, I called the next day ( around 2 PM EST ) and within 10 minutes I had a rep on the line and my claim was filed.  I sent them in and had a new pair within 10 days.  They use FedEx ground to ship, which took a full week, otherwise they were in and out in 3 days.  I advise anyone with trouble with their Monster's to call the Customer Service number and if you have any issues try PM'ing SoundMatters12 for assistance.

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #8 of 46

Quote:
That's a shame James.  My experience was pretty positive.  I had the splitting issue with my Copper's when I received them (first batch).  I came here for assistance and learned that Monster has a member here on Head-Fi, soundmatters12.  I contacted him via PM and he was very helpful, he advised me to call.  I had already read that their website's reporting/e-mail system stunk and that they weren't responsive.  Anyway, I called the next day ( around 2 PM EST ) and within 10 minutes I had a rep on the line and my claim was filed.  I sent them in and had a new pair within 10 days.  They use FedEx ground to ship, which took a full week, otherwise they were in and out in 3 days.  I advise anyone with trouble with their Monster's to call the Customer Service number and if you have any issues try PM'ing SoundMatters12 for assistance.

maybe I was just unlucky, anywho, joey, my experience with westone was great involving my westone 3's...I explained to them the situation, and the rep told me tojust write in a approximate date for when they were bought and send it in...well actually, I called them twice, for the first call, he said there should be a url for where they were bought, but when I checked, the card was blank, so i called them again, and surpisingly, it was the same rep that I had just spoke to. 

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #9 of 46

Quote:
Quote:

maybe I was just unlucky, anywho, joey, my experience with westone was great involving my westone 3's...I explained to them the situation, and the rep told me tojust write in a approximate date for when they were bought and send it in...well actually, I called them twice, for the first call, he said there should be a url for where they were bought, but when I checked, the card was blank, so i called them again, and surpisingly, it was the same rep that I had just spoke to. 

That's great news about Westone, hopefully I'll never need to call them, but it's reassuring that their customer service is as good as I've heard.

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #10 of 46
I bought a pair of Monster Turbines.  From the beginning one of the mesh covers fell off.  So far I have called customer support three times.  Every time I call I am placed on hold to wait for a customer support rep.  After waiting more than 25 min. each time, I have hung up before somone picked up.  I don't care how good the product is, if a company is not willing to even pick up the phone when a customer calls, then I will not buy their products again. 

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #11 of 46
That sucks, dude. I used to 100% believe in Monster's customer service but it has been lacking recently.
Hell, they dropped off a pair of Solo Beats to replace my Turbines and they didn't even pick up the Turbines.
blink.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #12 of 46

Quote:
I bought a pair of Monster Turbines.  From the beginning one of the mesh covers fell off.  So far I have called customer support three times.  Every time I call I am placed on hold to wait for a customer support rep.  After waiting more than 25 min. each time, I have hung up before somone picked up.  I don't care how good the product is, if a company is not willing to even pick up the phone when a customer calls, then I will not buy their products again. 

Call their 415 number, talk to the operator. Ask the operator to have a rep call you (leave your name and number). It works perfectly and Monster will even pay for shipping back to them.

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #13 of 46
Yeah, odd that their CS has dropped off that much. Last time when I had to get my Coppers replaced, it pretty much went flawlessly. Granted, they have a CS department here in Canada, but shouldn't make such a huge difference in experience.

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #14 of 46
Well monster's CS used to be good because there is soundmatters helping people out in the forums. But somehow this guy went missing, I sent him a pm like 2 months ago regarding my coppers spliting issue, but he haven't replied yet. Guess I will have to contact them through e-mail.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #15 of 46
I've found emailing Monster to be pretty futile. Calling them is the best way although it seems that the wait time increases each time I call. Took 35 mins to get my Jamz replaced this time (incidentally the 3rd time in as many months).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back