Monster Beats Tour, Monster Turbine, or Klipsch S4??
Aug 18, 2009 at 11:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cohiba44

New Head-Fier
Hi,
My V-Moda Vibe Duo's died awhile back and am looking to get something to replace them. I didn't really like these as I felt the bass overpowered the sound of the music. I like hip hop and R&B, so I don't mind bass, but the overall sound of these didn't sound clear at all, imo. My old Sony EX71 sounded better to me.

Was wondering which of these three are better in terms of sound and durability: Monster Beats Tour, Monster Turbine, or Klipsch S4? I can basically get these three for around the same price.

Also, I have the First Gen iPhone and am wondering if these three are compatible with the iPhone recessed jack. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 6
Since all three of those tend to be bass heavy I would have to go for the Turbines. Its close though because the S4s go for $80 and probably less if you looked around. I can't speak for the S4s but both the Turbines and the Beats Tours have a 1st gen iPhone compatible jack.

Aug 19, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #5 of 6
I think S4 is better because it's lower price and sound quality(dual mgnt driver) is much higher than the price. Some reviewers mentioned it's midrange level is close to SE530 in details n clarity, bass is strong with warm soundsignature. Also Tour are better than Turbine and Turbine may grab attention with envolving sound but after while it's turns Tour shows more balance with bigger deeper soundstage and better overall clarity.

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #6 of 6
i will go for the klipsch s4 for the price and comfort.
they are  very good in mid range.
and good layers of bass.
very detailed in lows.
little details in highs.

but still very good.

for the monster tour, you really hear the so called high resolution.
its real.
for the build quality, choose these.
but it lacks a bit of mids compare to s4.

hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back