Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Jan 20, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #7,516 of 8,051
Don't quote me on this, but I think those are the same. But you could always ask the ZMF folks for clarification.

That was my suspicion too. Thanks for all your help, I've been desperate to fix this issue

Edit/Update: ZMF already emailed me back, they confirmed it's the same pad

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #7,520 of 8,051
Jan 21, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #7,521 of 8,051
Darn, didn't see the update. Did you make the outer diameter smaller? Mine was larger than the body by about 1mm. I shrunk it down and added the inside bevel to be even with the thickness of the mesh. Was going to throw some money your way if I sold a couple. Thanks for your work.

The problem is that the headphone is not totally round i think. :frowning2: I have made 0.2 mm than the v3. smaller diameter but I think I can do it even smaller. But it depends on the printer as well. According to the math diameter it should be 106mm.

Jan 21, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #7,522 of 8,051
The problem is that the headphone is not totally round i think. :frowning2: I have made 0.2 mm than the v3. smaller diameter but I think I can do it even smaller. But it depends on the printer as well. According to the math diameter it should be 106mm.

I'm using a Monoprice printer so that should take care of the not being round, right? :) I wonder if the production batches have different diameters? Might print the v5 to check it out. I am not looking to make money on these. It's basically covering my time, materials, shipping and listing fees. It's more that I want to save fellow headphone junkies some money from not paying the $50 from an online store.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #7,526 of 8,051
IMG_0725.JPG
*Just realised this is in the wrong thread. Will this work? I want to mod the m1060c with this headband and replace the domed earcups with flat enclosures. I want to use them portably and I think these changes will make it look more or less like an LCD 2 c , which I think is about the limit of acceptability appearance wise to be used in public. I understand the sound quality may be affected but think it will be fun to experiment with varying degrees of opening up the enclosures.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back