Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #6,151 of 8,051
I'm still a little interested in hearing a M1060 that has been modded.

Ha ha, Dave: didn't we conclude that these weren't headphones for you? I say that because I was just listening to them last night and, while I still think they're better than the 560 for pop (not for acoustic music), the M1060 is at its best when played loud. I mean these are headphones that I just have to blast because they sound great loud. I've said this before and I'll say it again: they are very dangerous headphones that way. But I know from what you have said that you tend to listen on the softer side.

Dec 2, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #6,152 of 8,051
Shouty/harsh mids are what it sounds like to me and I'm pretty sure it's caused by inner pad reflections...pad swap made them so much better
Which pads did you swap to and have you done the fuzzor mod? I did both and can say there is just nothing shouty or harsh about my pair now. As I was just saying above, they are so not shouty or harsh that these are headphones that I want to turn up and up as loud as possible. I have to be careful with them or I'll destroy my hearing.

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #6,153 of 8,051
Which pads did you swap to and have you done the fuzzor mod? I did both and can say there is just nothing shouty or harsh about my pair now. As I was just saying above, they are so not shouty or harsh that these are headphones that I want to turn up and up as loud as possible. I have to be careful with them or I'll destroy my hearing.

I have audeze vegan pads with CSkippy's paper towel mod. Nothing harsh about them now. I was speaking about them stock, from what I remember.

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #6,154 of 8,051
Hey guys this is my first post in head-fi forum.

I feel sad that the first post has to be something unexpected. I ordered the m1060 during the black friday sale and received it in 30 November. After listening to it for 30 minutes, I left it on my table ( Actually waiting for Magni 3 to arrive). Suddenly decided to try it on xduoo x3 without amplification, picked it up and realized that I wore the headphone wrong way(angled pad issue, It might sound funny because I am a newcomer in this). So I tried to detached the cable and put them the other way. But to my horror, the tip of one 2.5mm jack got broken and stayed inside the port ! Now I am totally lost and sad, didn't expect this to happen at all. Now the question is, is this covered under warranty? I have sent the Monoprice support center an email about it and waiting for their response. Can you guys share your experiences? Did this happen to anyone else here??

gDnaEIRl.jpg

04V0m
For grins, try reattaching the broken tip into the socket where it broke off in. My grandson broke a 3.5 mm headphone jack into my daughters phone, like yours. I simply reattached into the socket, and low and behold the tip came back out on the cable. If it works, you could then purchase a better cable and try it again.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #6,155 of 8,051
Hey guys this is my first post in head-fi forum.

I feel sad that the first post has to be something unexpected. I ordered the m1060 during the black friday sale and received it in 30 November. After listening to it for 30 minutes, I left it on my table ( Actually waiting for Magni 3 to arrive). Suddenly decided to try it on xduoo x3 without amplification, picked it up and realized that I wore the headphone wrong way(angled pad issue, It might sound funny because I am a newcomer in this). So I tried to detached the cable and put them the other way. But to my horror, the tip of one 2.5mm jack got broken and stayed inside the port ! Now I am totally lost and sad, didn't expect this to happen at all. Now the question is, is this covered under warranty? I have sent the Monoprice support center an email about it and waiting for their response. Can you guys share your experiences? Did this happen to anyone else here??

gDnaEIRl.jpg

04V0m
first time i see something like this :astonished::thinking::sweat_smile:
i think you will be covered , don't worry shahriar

Dec 3, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #6,156 of 8,051
Hello everyone,

I just got my pair of M1060s on Friday. I've been listening to a lot of different genres of music to see where these really shine. I really like electronic music on these.

I performed the Fuzzor mod, which seemed to tame the peaks in the treble a little bit. I want to do a pad change, but I don't think it is possible to get the Audeze vegans anymore? What would be a good pair to use in place of those?

Also; What would be a good set of headphones to get that will compliment the warmer sound of the M1060? I'm thinking a more analytical set of headphones would be excellent to have as my second set.

Dec 3, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #6,158 of 8,051
Hello everyone,

I just got my pair of M1060s on Friday. I've been listening to a lot of different genres of music to see where these really shine. I really like electronic music on these.

I performed the Fuzzor mod, which seemed to tame the peaks in the treble a little bit. I want to do a pad change, but I don't think it is possible to get the Audeze vegans anymore? What would be a good pair to use in place of those?

Also; What would be a good set of headphones to get that will compliment the warmer sound of the M1060? I'm thinking a more analytical set of headphones would be excellent to have as my second set.
I have a couple of potentials for sale that might well fit the bill. I've PM'd you ...

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #6,160 of 8,051
I really like these pads. Not quite as deep as the stock, but I don't find a difference in sound. I've also done my Creatology mod to them by cutting a strip of it and sticking it to the front/top/bottom of the inside to cut down on the slight bit of harshness that mine have. My v.2 set has slightly less than my first, V.1 1060's did. The ones that basically fell apart on me :)

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 6.29.43 PM.png

Dec 3, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #6,161 of 8,051
I really like these pads. Not quite as deep as the stock, but I don't find a difference in sound. I've also done my Creatology mod to them by cutting a strip of it and sticking it to the front/top/bottom of the inside to cut down on the slight bit of harshness that mine have. My v.2 set has slightly less than my first, V.1 1060's did. The ones that basically fell apart on me :)

Those look like knock-off Eikon Pads.

Dec 3, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #6,163 of 8,051
Dec 3, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #6,164 of 8,051
Dec 3, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #6,165 of 8,051
Hello everyone,

My Beyerdynamic DT880 and Philips Fidelio L2 complement my m1060 quite well. They all get even head time while my other headphones sit there all lonely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back