Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Mar 19, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #6,871 of 8,051
Thanks Kulgrinda

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #6,873 of 8,051
Mar 23, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #6,874 of 8,051
Don't know how I've only just discovered these... probably because I've only just got back into this forum and Zreviews for the first time in years!

I've been thinking about saving for LCD-Xs, to have some open planars for music production. Tracking mixing etc.

So some people (multiple reviews) are saying these are on par or better than LCD2s (especially with the vegan pads), and possibly on par or better than LCDX's?? (LCDX's are more neutral than LCD2s from what I understand hence better for pro use)

Should I just get these? V2's have better build / less issues?

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #6,875 of 8,051
Bought junki's modded 1060s. For $200 these are very nice sounding. Just wish I had a better source than my Soundblaster Zx. Still, I am very pleased with them. Great decay and overall detail. Tonality is just fat and full of detail. I would bet the sonics would improve with a real amp/source. Maybe pick up a Schitt?

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #6,877 of 8,051
Don't know how I've only just discovered these... probably because I've only just got back into this forum and Zreviews for the first time in years!

I've been thinking about saving for LCD-Xs, to have some open planars for music production. Tracking mixing etc.

So some people (multiple reviews) are saying these are on par or better than LCD2s (especially with the vegan pads), and possibly on par or better than LCDX's?? (LCDX's are more neutral than LCD2s from what I understand hence better for pro use)

These are very accurate headphones.You really hear details. Even with my current kinda crappy source/amp.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #6,878 of 8,051

I like my M1060 so much that I sold my LCD2 V2 Pre-Fazors and my HE-560. I can't say about the LCDX though, I haven't heard them.

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #6,879 of 8,051
Almost finished with the headstrap mod, just a few more tweaks needed on a couple of the parts:

i-DxFGP9t-X4.jpg

i-2bvBmPq-X4.jpg

i-WnMrHPQ-X4.jpg

Should have it out on Thingiverse this weekend...

you never did put it on thingsverse, did you?

Mar 23, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #6,880 of 8,051
My first pair of the M1060 had ringing and somewhat peaky treble. The right driver went out and I received a pair that has absolutely no ringing and sounds neutral to a bit dark.
Do those without ringing benefit from any mods?

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #6,881 of 8,051
I also got around to properly burning in my M1060 v2 (Second batch) iver had it for months but i had so many new phones that i gave them the least playtime. now im about to start modding myself. i like their sound balance well enough but both HE400i and Audeze LCD-2C have better resolution (detail retrieval).

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #6,882 of 8,051
I also got around to properly burning in my M1060 v2 (Second batch) iver had it for months but i had so many new phones that i gave them the least playtime. now im about to start modding myself. i like their sound balance well enough but both HE400i and Audeze LCD-2C have better resolution (detail retrieval).

Wow, really? Going by the posts above yours, those are some varying opinions haha.. as others are saying they're more detailed including some youtube reviews.

I guess this is a subjective hobby. And perhaps these 1060s have some variation in copies/batches...

Mar 23, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #6,883 of 8,051
Wow, really? Going by the posts above yours, those are some varying opinions haha.. as others are saying they're more detailed including some youtube reviews.

I guess this is a subjective hobby. And perhaps these 1060s have some variation in copies/batches...
yeah thats what i was thinking, there are very varying popinions. more than there was about HE400 or LCD-2c. some people above said that they like it more than LCD-2 and then there are many reviews that saw no way Jose. i personally bought HE400i for 160 on ebay like new and i think that was a better bargain also lighter which means more comfortable. but maybe after more burn in my point of view changes. im gonna go 3d print the honeycomb baffles and even the fazor next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back