Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Mar 14, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #6,856 of 8,051
HI- new member here looking for a little advice. I've just started dipping my toe in the waters of better quality headphones and in November purchased a pair of the M560's from someone locally on Craigslist. They were great for a few months then recently I've noticed the right channel seems to be going out. It's significantly lower in volume than the left. I tried with a few different setups and all the same. I was hoping that Monoprice might replace them since they do carry a 5-year warranty, even though I'm not the original purchaser, but that has proven to be nearly a dead end. I have contacted them 4 times over the past 4 weeks with no replies. Basically I want to know, am I SOL with these and I just need to toss them or is it worth trying to have them repaired? I only spent $100 on them so spending any more than maybe $50 on a repair seems questionable. Any suggestions for possibly escalating my return inquiry to get a reply? Any info here would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #6,857 of 8,051
If you decide to ditch them let me know, I’ll buy them off ya and keep them for parts if something ever go wrong with mine.

This might sound shady but you could by a pair from Monoprice and return your old pair and get your money back. I don’t think they honor there warranty once it has changed ownership

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #6,858 of 8,051
HI- new member here looking for a little advice. I've just started dipping my toe in the waters of better quality headphones and in November purchased a pair of the M560's from someone locally on Craigslist. They were great for a few months then recently I've noticed the right channel seems to be going out. It's significantly lower in volume than the left. I tried with a few different setups and all the same. I was hoping that Monoprice might replace them since they do carry a 5-year warranty, even though I'm not the original purchaser, but that has proven to be nearly a dead end. I have contacted them 4 times over the past 4 weeks with no replies. Basically I want to know, am I SOL with these and I just need to toss them or is it worth trying to have them repaired? I only spent $100 on them so spending any more than maybe $50 on a repair seems questionable. Any suggestions for possibly escalating my return inquiry to get a reply? Any info here would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Have you tried a new cable? Also, use their live chat -- you're garunteed a response that way.

Mar 14, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #6,859 of 8,051
If you decide to ditch them let me know, I’ll buy them off ya and keep them for parts if something ever go wrong with mine.

This might sound shady but you could by a pair from Monoprice and return your old pair and get your money back. I don’t think they honor there warranty once it has changed ownership

That don't sound shady, it is shady. Just saying.

Mar 18, 2018 at 5:55 AM Post #6,862 of 8,051
Just received those beautiful hand-made pads for my M1060 headphones. They are really high quality and customisable. I went for perforated leather for the inner part of the pad, top is alcantara and outside is black leather. Padding is memory foam. Seller @Vesperaudio is very polite and can provide needed support, recommended and will order again!
20180314_120753_resize.jpg
DSC_2839_re.jpg
DSC_2840_resize.jpg
DSC_2841_resize.jpg
DSC_2845_resize.jpg

Mar 18, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #6,866 of 8,051
I just noticed my M1060's (rev 2) have cracks on all sides of the hinges. Anyone know Monoprice's policy on RMA's on items bought through JetCarrier?

Mar 18, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #6,867 of 8,051
How much did those vesper earpads set you back? I've been interested in a pair for another set of cans but those M1060 one look great too.

Mar 19, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #6,870 of 8,051
What do they add to the sound?

Perforated surface should reduce reflections to my understanding. Difficult to compare these and original pads since cavity sizes are quite different. Also original pads had very thick acoustic material covering driver while these pads had very thin. I've added a layer of thick cloth onto fazor to replicate original cover. What I have noticed was added sub bass, probably due to the greater contact point. Should do A/B test for more in-depth insights. I bought these to increase comfort and it paid up well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back