Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Sep 20, 2016 at 8:16 PM Post #47 of 8,051
Subbed.

VERY interesting.  My LCD-X never leaves the house, so I find myself in the market for high fidelity portable audio, like many of us.  

Love the planar sound.  Dynamics like no other tech.  

My iDSD Micro has been demoted to future portable/office use.  I will be trying a pair of the M1060, most definitely.  Curious how it will stack up to the HifiMan 400s.  

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #48 of 8,051
I'm being lazy because I don't feel like researching this myself... But is there a tentative or definite release date on the m1060's? Has anyone purchased anything from this company in the past and if so any comments?

Sep 20, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #49 of 8,051
I'm being lazy because I don't feel like researching this myself... But is there a tentative or definite release date on the m1060's? Has anyone purchased anything from this company in the past and if so any comments?

It's still TBD.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #51 of 8,051

About 3 years ago I purchased a pair of in ear headphones that were $7.99 I had heard good things about them. Looks aside, they sounded better than most in ears I had heard in the $99 dollar range. Good low end, adequate minds and highs. They weren't the cleanest sounding earphones, but I wasn't trying to compare them to my shure se530. I used them for my modern music. I was so surprised at how good they sounded that I purchased 5 more pairs and gifted then out as Christmas presents. Monoprice may not have the best physical presentation (saving money on materials) , but soundwise their equipment punches well above it's weight class. Looking forward to seeing these when they are released. My primary reason for holding off on a new pair of home headphones. Was looking at saving up for AKG 812, but am very interested in a good planar. We shall see

Sep 21, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #52 of 8,051
About 3 years ago I purchased a pair of in ear headphones that were $7.99 I had heard good things about them. Looks aside, they sounded better than most in ears I had heard in the $99 dollar range. Good low end, adequate minds and highs. They weren't the cleanest sounding earphones, but I wasn't trying to compare them to my shure se530. I used them for my modern music. I was so surprised at how good they sounded that I purchased 5 more pairs and gifted then out as Christmas presents. Monoprice may not have the best physical presentation (saving money on materials) , but soundwise their equipment punches well above it's weight class. Looking forward to seeing these when they are released. My primary reason for holding off on a new pair of home headphones. Was looking at saving up for AKG 812, but am very interested in a good planar. We shall see

Thanks for the info, I'm really looking forward to their release and then upcoming reviews to follow.

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #54 of 8,051
I'm just hoping 1/2 a kilo is not it's actual weight. That's just way to frikkin heavy.

Sep 26, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #56 of 8,051
I'm just hoping 1/2 a kilo is not it's actual weight. That's just way to frikkin heavy.

LCD2 and HE-500 are about the same weight.. so yeah.. they're heavy.

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #58 of 8,051
The M1060 looks very interesting.

The driver specifications are near of a LCD2 :
driver size : 106mm
SPL : 130db
Impedance : 70ohm

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #60 of 8,051
I'm surprised how close they have taken the design to the original LCD-2 which was about unique as it gets vs what was on the market 2010.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back