Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Sep 12, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #5,597 of 8,051
https://imgur.com/a/IcUQ9

Just got my second replacement set today and no issues. Also I am uber happy it's a darker finish. Depending on the angle and lighting it resembles a dark walnut finish.
Put a drop gun oil on the two joints, mine is already starting to have black paint chipped due to 'normal use', also helps to eliminate that weird squishy sound when adjusting the cups.

Sep 12, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #5,598 of 8,051
https://imgur.com/a/IcUQ9

Just got my second replacement set today and no issues. Also I am uber happy it's a darker finish. Depending on the angle and lighting it resembles a dark walnut finish.

Any noticeable sound differences from your previous pair?

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #5,604 of 8,051
Sep 13, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #5,606 of 8,051
These cans are awesome. I thought they sounded bad the first time I had it, but after 200+ hrs of burn-in, vegan+masking tape+no damping foam mod, it's a sonic bliss.

Sep 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #5,607 of 8,051
These cans are awesome. I thought they sounded bad the first time I had it, but after 200+ hrs of burn-in, vegan+masking tape+no damping foam mod, it's a sonic bliss.

Where is the masking tape going and what is that accomplishing?

Sep 13, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #5,608 of 8,051
Two questions here: are there any proven good substitutes for vegan pads, in particular ones that can be bought in the EU? And is it safe to tear out the damping foam, since it seems to be sorta glued to the inside of the headphone in a couple points?

Sep 13, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #5,609 of 8,051
Two questions here: are there any proven good substitutes for vegan pads, in particular ones that can be bought in the EU? And is it safe to tear out the damping foam, since it seems to be sorta glued to the inside of the headphone in a couple points?

You can stick it back on with some double sided tape.

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #5,610 of 8,051
Where is the masking tape going and what is that accomplishing?

My unit had a severe case of harsh highs, it was apparent on cymbals and vocals especially women voice. I thought I had a defective unit, but sending it back to Monoprice is too much of a hassle, so I bought a pair of Vegan pads to remedy the issue. The highs were less harsh than before but it was still there. After looking around on the net, I found a reddit post that suggested to use duct tapes over the driver on the earpad. I experimented using a few types of tapes and found masking tape produces the best result for me. No more harsh highs, bass is a little bit better I think.

EDIT: I just realized you're the one who helped me a lot about M1060 and audiophile in general on the headphones subreddit. Such a small world lol.

AWUL5pN.jpg

STewiLf.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back