Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
May 25, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #4,096 of 8,051
3 days. No reply from the store. Such a shame because I don't see anything nearly as interesting as this digging around Taobao / Aliexpress.

Hamster

T2oqSUXu4XXXXXXXXX_!!30516078.jpg_450x10000q50s150.jpg_.webp

It seems that seller is inactive, the other store that sells custom headphone with the same headband design now only sells the driver unit because the band is "out of stock".

May 25, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #4,097 of 8,051
could the stock cable be of low quality? just got my new 6ft OCC cable with a 1/4 inch plug, and everything sounds so much clearer. Bass digs deeper, soundstage is wider with amazing imaging and everything sounds sweeter. Could this be placebo? because I've heard so many people calling it snakeoil unless your cable is broken, but now I'm not so sure :S

edit: This cable does make a difference, I'm not even kidding. Listening to Hans Zimmer now and the sub-bass is making the headphones physically move on my head.

Have you got details on this cable? Maybe a link? Thanks

May 25, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #4,099 of 8,051
Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #4,101 of 8,051
Vegans blacks finally arrived, extremely comfortable (fixed clamping pressure and leather irritation on my skin) and provide a good SQ boost too.

Very happy. :)

Nice! Where did you get yours?

Anyone from the B&H backorder group get word if they got them yet?

May 25, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #4,103 of 8,051
Hi, has anyone here with M1060 also own Isine 10 to compare? I am tempted to get the Isine but if they are similar, I will skip since I can't find any local store to try...

I'm interested to know too although I have no intention in buying, due to the fact that they are portable but open. They are clumsier to wear than a pair of full sized headphones when you are in a quiet room; if you bring them for commute you will be distracted by the traffic noises and will annoy your fellow commuters. I rather top-up another hundred or two to get a pair of multi-BA CIEMs, but that's just me.

Some reviewers have also mentioned that iSine is best mated with Cipher cable for iDevices for the DSP effect happening in their DAC. For those non-Apple fanboys you need to search up and copy its custom EQ settings to mimic the Cipher DSP magic. Not a very direct solution IMO.

Hamster

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #4,104 of 8,051
Hi, has anyone here with M1060 also own Isine 10 to compare? I am tempted to get the Isine but if they are similar, I will skip since I can't find any local store to try...

I just ordered the iSine 10 last night. So I should have them next week sometime.

I'm interested to know too although I have no intention in buying, due to the fact that they are portable but open. They are clumsier to wear than a pair of full sized headphones when you are in a quiet room; if you bring them for commute you will be distracted by the traffic noises and will annoy your fellow commuters. I rather top-up another hundred or two to get a pair of multi-BA CIEMs, but that's just me.

Some reviewers have also mentioned that iSine is best mated with Cipher cable for iDevices for the DSP effect happening in their DAC. For those non-Apple fanboys you need to search up and copy its custom EQ settings to mimic the Cipher DSP magic. Not a very direct solution IMO.

Hamster

From what I've read though they are "open in-ear headphones" they don't leak so much as to be noticeable unless you in a quiet enviorment and someone is really close to you. Even them they can hear something but no to the point they are likely to make out the music.

Depending on where you live traffic noise may or may not bother you. I don't live in a mega city so it probably not much of an issues for me, and I do like to keep some level of situational awareness outdoors. I'm not sure how they fair at the gym though, but I'll find out.

Hopefully they will develop a USB-C Cipher cable this year, they already mention they have been considering it. It's a matter of deleloping one that will work across all Android/USB-C devices.

I went ahead and got the Cipher cable though I'm not an apple guy. Just picked up an open box iPad mini 4 for this purpose and because I've been wanting an 8" tablet for watching Netflix during Cardio at the gym (Since my Android tablet was stolen last year). Having a phone with a good DAC/AMP may bring it closer the the Cipher cable performance, I'll find out once my Axon 7 is back from service.

May 25, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #4,108 of 8,051
I am still not sure how search function work on the facelifted headfi...
But, has anyone commented on applying Dekoni attenuation plates to m1060?

May 25, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #4,110 of 8,051
You shouldn't need them as the stock pads have their own "attenuation" plates of plastic adhered to the pads already.
When you change to vegan pads, do you move the plastic plate to the vegans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back