Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Apr 11, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #2,746 of 8,051
I'll be doing an experiment... the first Bluetooth aptX MMCX planar.... the M1060.

Since the M1060 is easy to drive and uses MMCX, I will be using this cable to make it "wireless"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-New-NiceHCK-HB1-Wireless-Bluetooth-4-1-Earphone-Upgrade-Cable-MMCX-Cable-Support-For-Aptx/32789274984.html

I also removed the cloth on the pad side, kept the Audeze Vegan's cloth intact, and boosted 40-100hz a few dB via parametric EQ, then auto leveled the rest. Man what a great sound... 

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,750 of 8,051
I purchased the M1060s about a month ago. The day that I got them I was so excited to try them out and listen to them because
I'm "stepping-up" from these https://pdp.com/en/afterglow/. I was immediately impressed by their range. Every note is perfect. The bass is there
but not too loud, ever. Could maybe use a bit more but is completely fine in my opinion. After about 4 hours of listening the right driver (headphone) started getting quiet
and scratchy. Suddenly the right headphone stopped producing sound. I took them off and switched the headphone jacks around (right jack to left headphone). Same thing,
no sound out of the right headphone. I contacted Monoprice and one of the employees told me I would have to wait until they restock to process my RMA. I asked if I could
be put on a list to have one reserved in my name for my RMA and the guy told me he could not. He then said, "However, I can take your email so that you are notified when
they do restock." I gave him my email, and said, " Thanks, have a good day." then hung up. I'm not quite sure if I should wait for them to restock and the go through the RMA
process or call them back to try to get some sooner than later results. What would you do?

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #2,752 of 8,051
I inquired about the resupply and they said it would take about a week. Still, you'd think that they would reserve a pair for me since I already bought a pair and it's their shotty craftsmanship that is at fault.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #2,754 of 8,051
For those of you looking for replacement/balanced MMCX cables, Venture Electronics (makers of Monk Plus) just added a ton of really affordable options (be patient, server is slow!):

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=8

Just ordered a junkosha cable > XLR cable, will report how it goes in a few weeks (as they ship from China).  Their earbuds are great quality, so I'm optimistic for their cables.

Thanks! Just ordered a MMCX to 4-pin XLR 6' cable for $32 shipped. Good deal.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:00 AM Post #2,757 of 8,051
Yeah if anything my M1060 just makes me want to get a proper Ether or something later down the line when I want a stress free "hope it doesn't break!" open planar experience.

No regrets buying it but I suspect it won't last the distance as the years go on. Maybe later revisions will make it more reliable but we'll see.

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #2,758 of 8,051
  Yeah if anything my M1060 just makes me want to get a proper Ether or something later down the line when I want a stress free "hope it doesn't break!" open planar experience.

No regrets buying it but I suspect it won't last the distance as the years go on. Maybe later revisions will make it more reliable but we'll see.

The Ether sounds similar to the M1060?  If so then its time to look else where since I didn't care for the Ether or Ether C, haven't heard the new "Flow" versions so hopefully they are better than the originals.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #2,759 of 8,051
I wasn't impressed with M1060, ZMF Vibro MKII Rusted Zebra wood earcups I had blew it away... I sold them though cause it was causing me tinnintius, lol

I just use my Fiio K3 IEM's mostly these days, I don't really care to much anymore, trying to move on to different hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back