1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ufospls2, Apr 4, 2018.
First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. lantian
    Hey, does anyone know what's the max input voltage, before it starts clipping. Is it possible to measure it without oscilloscope. Or better yet someone already have measured it. Sure it can handle 2vrms no problem, but would 3vrms or more be an issue?

2. lantian
    Hey, does anyone know what's the max input voltage, before it starts clipping. Is it possible to measure it without oscilloscope. Or better yet someone already have measured it. Sure it can handle 2vrms no problem, but would 3vrms or more be an issue?

3. runeight
    The only limitation (for the normal range of sources) will be how much range you'll have on the volume rotation. Obviously, the higher the input voltage and the more sensitive the headphones the less range there will be after liftoff.

lantian likes this.
  4. lantian
    Thank you.
    It seems to be working great with 3vrm from ibasso dx200, sounds fantastic. Jut wanted to check since most dac's have around 2vrm's on rca outputs and this has 3vrms.

5. runeight
    There are measurements here:
    https://www.head-fi.org/threads/monoprice-cavalli-liquid-spark-technical-measurements.890981

6. Arctairix
    I'm fairly new to the headphone scene so I purchased both the Magni and the Liquid Spark paired with a Modi DAC see which one I liked more with my LCD-2Cs. They sound great in their own way, overall the Spark feels more natural and smooth and the Magni has a more in your face sound. They are both fantastic amps at this price point, and as most mentioned, you can't go wrong with either. I can't decide so I might end up keeping both :)

wje, davidmthekidd, nick n and 2 others like this.
  7. davidmthekidd
    Anyone paired the Liquid Spark with the Hifiman Sundara? I bought the Sundara for $279 at Canjam NYC, wondering if this headphone would pair well with the LS.

8. davidmthekidd
    I went for them,

Just got my Liquid Spark, so far so good, Only burn them in for about 10 hours, paired with my Hifiman Sundara for Vinyl listening only,
    20190223_172529.jpg I will write about my impressions within a few days.

wje, atomd, trellus and 1 other person like this.
  9. waynes world
    trellus likes this.
  10. xRaptorxPunisher
    This is hands down one of the best amps I’ve ever heard for enjoyment in any price range. I’ve been listening to this more than my Eddie Current Black window. So many overpriced gear out there like the Chord gear and there’s an absolute banger at £100.

jumpa, waynes world and davidmthekidd like this.
  11. atomd
    The real question: Does is sound better with pimp cup in hand or without pimp cup in hand? =)

wje and davidmthekidd like this.
  12. Spareribs
    Looks good. A man who owns a good amp and record player is a man of sophistication.

davidmthekidd and blackdragon87 like this.
  13. blackdragon87
    Wish I would have seen this earlier that is a great deal.

Might have to pay the full price now for one because it seems like its no longer at 140 unless i can find a used one in tbe market place

Want to try this amp with my Lcd2 classics

14. waynes world
    I got it at newegg.ca for $182.88 total, which was less than the amazon.ca total at the time (when shipping/taxes/duty was taken into the equation). I am very satisfied with it for that price (but I wouldn't have complained to have gotten it for that sale price!).

15. stellarelephant
    Very happy with my Liquid Spark.

@rayliam80 briefly mentioned the differences in sound between high and low gain earlier in this thread. I have to agree with him. Low gain sounds hefty, spacious, and relaxed--mids are liquid and the stage is deep. High gain is faster, with more incisive treble and quicker bass dynamics, for a more forward "front row" type of soundstaging.

I like them both, but I prefer the low gain for its slight warmth and the deep gaze it gives into the midrange. I switch to high gain only when I want to make my T50RP play extra loudly for quiet recordings.

I have to say, this thing has unexpectedly turned out to be an amazing preamp as well. Gives my speaker system sweeter tone and punchier dynamics. I think Cavalli nailed the tuning. It is nearly transparent, and yet it can add some extra depth and "meat on the bones" to my squeaky clean Class D amp.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    blueninjasix, rayliam80 and pcdubc like this.
First

Back
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
21 22 23 24 25 26
Next

Last