Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli
Jan 19, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #616 of 624
I bought one when the amp first came out. Now years later I still think the Spark is the best entry level amp available. I like the Spark better than the Magni and the Piety, Asgard 3 etc... The Spark treble is so refined for an entry level amp and just does everything well.
Best $100 bucks I ever spent on audio. I use a second Spark as a preamp (dead silent) for my 12v6 tube speaker amp.

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #617 of 624
Curious to see if anyone is still using this little beast as of 2024. I am. :smirk:

1705716606777.png

4 years of service in a couple of months. :muscle:
I still have mine and continue to appreciate how nice it sounds after nearly 6 years. 👍

Jan 21, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #619 of 624
Curious to see if anyone is still using this little beast as of 2024. I am. :smirk:

1705716606777.png

Yes, I am. After I read mastering engineer Bob Katz’s rave about them last year (I posted a link in here I think) I got one, and use it between my DAC and Dynaudio BM 5A powered monitors on my desktop setup. Still using an Audio Note Meishu SET with 300B tubes for my main setup.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #621 of 624
Just got one when Monoprice dropped the price to $32.50 a couple of days ago. Very happy with the sound -- though it runs so warm I'm putting it on a coaster that leaves some airspace underneath. Booklet said it runs warm, so I hope it's not defective.
Looks like Monoprice is getting ready to discontinue the Liquid Spark. They did the same thing awhile back with the Liquid Platinum.
Huge discounts and then no more inventory. I've owned my Liquid Spark since 2018 and it's a very nice little headphone amplifier
for the retail price. At the price you paid it's a steal. Hope you enjoy it!

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #623 of 624
Just got one when Monoprice dropped the price to $32.50 a couple of days ago. Very happy with the sound -- though it runs so warm I'm putting it on a coaster that leaves some airspace underneath. Booklet said it runs warm, so I hope it's not defective.
Not to worry about the amp getting very warm, it’s normal. I’ve had mine for a long time and never had a problem. Your Liquid Spark is not defective. Enjoy the Music.

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #624 of 624
My original Spark from 12/2018 runs warm (they all do) and works as good today as when I first bought the amp. The heat from the Spark is not excessive and the amp is obviously very reliable. Just make sure you plug the power supply into the amp before you plug the power supply into the wall outlet.
Yes, exactly, or you'll see a few small sparks in there like I just did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back