1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Monoprice Monolith Liquid Spark - By Alex Cavalli

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ufospls2, Apr 4, 2018.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26
Next

Last
  1. waynes world
    Excellent. I'm no amp expert, but I have been continually VERY HAPPY with the spark (combined with the Grace SDAC). Based on what I read, my expectations were high, but the spark has lived up to those expectations (which is a bit rare in this hobby lol). The SDAC & Spark for desktop, combined with the Radsone ES100 for mobility, has very much satisfied my needs.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    tim0chan likes this.
  2. blackdragon87
    mine is being delivered today, looking forward to trying it with my lcd 2c :beyersmile:

fuhransahis likes this.
  3. fuhransahis
    Anyone able to compare this to the Loxjie P20 as far as sound sig?

4. stimuz
  5. PlantsmanTX
    Monoprice doesn't charge for shipping, but they do charge a sales tax- they charge a sales tax where I live, anyway.

6. blackdragon87
    Really pleased with this amp. Got it for 145 cdn so can't beat it for that price in my opinion

waynes world likes this.
  7. stimuz
    Depends where you live. I get charged minimum $12~ for shipping. I try my best to get their stuff from amazon but it usually takes a while to show up there.

8. GearMe
    HE400i...nice!

9. tim0chan
    Time to resurrect mine

10. runeight
    Sorry, wrong thread. :smile_phones:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  11. atomd
    I Sent back my defective spark to monoprice. They were a little slow to get me an rma # but they did send a shipping label which is nice. So I got my replacement and right out of the box the power cord was defective and unusable. One connector on the plug side is seated too deep and won't make a connection. Luckily I had more power cables on hand that work with it. Also, why are the buttons so crooked on these? My defective one had crooked buttons but the new one is even worse.

I get it..it's a $100 amp so I shouldn't expect perfection but c'mon now. I have/had plenty of other amps in that price range that were built better and actually usable out of the box. I did a quick test and at least the new one is functional. I'll have to spend some time listening to it before I completely cast judgement but I'm not impressed with their qc at all. I was considering one of their higher end amps but I'm skeptical after seeing these.

PlantsmanTX likes this.
  12. PlantsmanTX
    Even though it's mostly overkill for me right now, I bought this. I've had if for about a week and a half. A few days ago, I turned it up a bit past 12 o'clock, and got severe distortion in the right channel. I thought my earphones were the problem, but when I tried others, the same thing happened. The distortion didn't kick in at the same point every time, but it always happened at some point, and always in the right channel only. I left it alone until this morning, when I tried it again. At some point, I had earphones with a right angle connector plugged into the amp. The strain relief was pointing upward, and just fiddling, I moved it so the strain relief pointed to the side, and the distortion disappeared. I tried other earphones and the one headphone I have, and...no distortion. I'm still inclined to have it exchanged, but I wonder if anyone else has experienced this and knows what caused it.

13. waynes world
    Fwiw, I was using a few different 3.5mm mail to 6.35mm female adaptors that I had lying around, and I was having similar issues. I then bought a new set here, and I haven't had any issues since.

14. PlantsmanTX
    Thanks for that info, I appreciate it. Can you describe the issues you had with it? The distortion started up again a couple of days later, so I requested a return authorization.

15. waynes world
    This was mainly what my issue was with various headphones/cables:

Mainly sound slightly distorted and being cut out, like you get with bad connection, or broken input jacks. I'm not sure I was experiencing "severe distortion" though, so the return may have been warranted.

Are you getting a replacement?

PlantsmanTX likes this.
First

Back
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
23 24 25 26
Next

Last