Monoprice Monolith AMT Headphones
Dec 13, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #198 of 303
Just wanted to thank everyone here for the EQ discussion. It convinced me to finally download EQ APO, HeSuVi, and MegaSwitcher. Wow, just a whole new world to explore.
Helpful tip for those new to HeSuVi;

Screenshot 2023-12-13 174520.png

Each time you select a new headphone HeSuVi, make certain to press the "Get Suggestion" button
This will attenuate the equalisation low enough to avoid distortion.

Dec 15, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #200 of 303
@hottyson So, when is the HE6SE v2 vs AMT vs HD-800S showdown review coming?
I may get the funds together for a Sennheiser HD800S or Meze Audio 109 PRO this coming summer, or possibly both. Also, I shall have completed my set of college courses by summer. So... I would be happy to throw this together around June and produce some comparisons around July.

Dec 17, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #201 of 303
Sitting at my desk, just finished eating, and browsing forums while listening to a Chicago playlist on Amazon Music HD, and I still have the euphoria for these headphones. They just do so many things right for me. I was looking at the Avatone Planar Pro and they also have a rectangular earcup, and have some of the same decriptors I would use for the AMT: holographic imaging, etc. I am wondering if the cup design is responsible for the imaging.

Dec 18, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #203 of 303
Dec 18, 2023 at 10:38 PM Post #205 of 303
I have heard mixed things on these
They have a wonk stock tuning, which is rather common for the 3 1st gen AMT headphones due to a flat mids-treble area from 1k-7k. (The other two may have less flatness) However, AMT drivers take EQ stupidly well, so you just need a good FR chart and EQ. (I use an EQ from AutoEQ for the GL850, then tweak for my age and preferences)

The HEDDphone II seems to have a better stock tuning, but they're $2K. I can use EQ and only spend $420. :)

Dec 25, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #209 of 303
Today I decided to listen to my AMTs on my history of amps, with my venerable Headroom Supreme, Asgard 3, and my current Liquid Platinum. The Headroom amp just murders the holographic imaging, and makes the AMTs come across as flat L/R imaging. The Asgard 3 improves things, and you can pick up on the Schiit House sound, and there was some smoothing to the presentation. Then the Liquid Platinum, which just cleared everything up, and just gave me blissful music. So yes, these AMT will scale with hardware improvements.

It's after midnight, so Merry Christmas to one and all! I'm going to decompress listening to a Pentatonix Xmas playlist on Amazon Music HD, and then wander off to bed.

Dec 26, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #210 of 303
Helpful tip for those new to HeSuVi;

Screenshot 2023-12-13 174520.png
Each time you select a new headphone HeSuVi, make certain to press the "Get Suggestion" button
This will attenuate the equalisation low enough to avoid distortion.
is HeSuvi and impulcifer and such good for stereo tracks?
i considered learning what i can do with all the fancy calibrations and graphs and EQ
maybe just use PeaceEQ with AutoEQ

considering the newest Heddphone or the Monolith
i tried Monolith for like a day but had to RMA it and then considered to just refund but maybe shouldn't have
i might get one eventually, or see what else Canjam has
AMT is kinda special though, right?
i didn't end up buying during the August sale either

the newest heddphone Two (not same as the older v2) has faux leather earpads but some nice suspension strap
i'm wondering if after EQ if Monolith is better or not
a lot of EQ app on phone don't seem to heavily apply the EQ
if it's just at the computer and if i can definitely do EQ, maybe Monolith will be ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back