Monoprice Monolith AMT Headphones
Dec 26, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #211 of 320
I want to get a zippered padded cover for the AMT headband, to give it some lift. Any suggestions for one that would fit? The headband width is 1.75". And no I don't want Dekoni Nuggets, as that is applying glue to the leather headband.

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #213 of 320
is HeSuvi and impulcifer and such good for stereo tracks?
i considered learning what i can do with all the fancy calibrations and graphs and EQ
maybe just use PeaceEQ with AutoEQ

considering the newest Heddphone or the Monolith
i tried Monolith for like a day but had to RMA it and then considered to just refund but maybe shouldn't have
i might get one eventually, or see what else Canjam has
AMT is kinda special though, right?
i didn't end up buying during the August sale either

the newest heddphone Two (not same as the older v2) has faux leather earpads but some nice suspension strap
i'm wondering if after EQ if Monolith is better or not
a lot of EQ app on phone don't seem to heavily apply the EQ
if it's just at the computer and if i can definitely do EQ, maybe Monolith will be ok
I enjoy the simplicity of HeSuVi but could be just as happy with any other software equalization app that utilizes preset equalization. However, I can never go back to not having equalization, having become addicted to having all of my headphones improve drastically by it. Some of my headphones such as my Monoprice AMT must be equalized for me to enjoy them.
AMT IS special. My favorite monitors Emotiva Airmotiv in use daily on my desk have AMT drivers in them. They are simply heaven. The attraction to AMT drivers in my Monoprice AMT headphone is the outside of the head presentation that they are able to create. If HEDD HEDDphone wasn't so expensive, I would have gone straight to them. Perhaps one day I shall find a great deal on HEDD HEDDphone. With the Monoprice AMT how could I resist getting into AMT drivers at such a low price point?

Dec 29, 2023 at 11:51 AM Post #214 of 320
I enjoy the simplicity of HeSuVi but could be just as happy with any other software equalization app that utilizes preset equalization. However, I can never go back to not having equalization, having become addicted to having all of my headphones improve drastically by it. Some of my headphones such as my Monoprice AMT must be equalized for me to enjoy them.
AMT IS special. My favorite monitors Emotiva Airmotiv in use daily on my desk have AMT drivers in them. They are simply heaven. The attraction to AMT drivers in my Monoprice AMT headphone is the outside of the head presentation that they are able to create. If HEDD HEDDphone wasn't so expensive, I would have gone straight to them. Perhaps one day I shall find a great deal on HEDD HEDDphone. With the Monoprice AMT how could I resist getting into AMT drivers at such a low price point?
I might need advice whether to still get the Monolith, or wait over a year
And whether get the Monolith then, or Hedd 1 or 2

Again if I can just go to Canjam might answer some of it
I barely tried the Monolith
Lots of bass but if it's reduced on some bands and my phone EQ isn't heavy enough, nothing on phone EQ much

Dec 29, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #215 of 320
I might need advice whether to still get the Monolith, or wait over a year
And whether get the Monolith then, or Hedd 1 or 2

Again if I can just go to Canjam might answer some of it
I barely tried the Monolith
Lots of bass but if it's reduced on some bands and my phone EQ isn't heavy enough, nothing on phone EQ much
Personally, I have set a spending cap on each item I purchase at $1,200. The likelihood of I ever purchasing HEDD HEDDphones below that limit is slim but perhaps an open box may appear one day. If you have the cash and don't mind spending it, go for HEDD HEDDphones. Lots of good reviews with happy results.

Dec 30, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #223 of 320
Are there any reviews that directly compare the sonics of the Monoprice AMT with the HEDDphone 2? It seems to me the HEDDphone needs to be very significantly sonically superior to the AMT to be able to justify the high $1999 cost. A little more comfort due to the lighter weight I don't think cuts it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back