Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style Headphone Review
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #121 of 273
Mine arrived yesterday. I let them burn in for about 15 hours. I started listening to some of my 320kpbs and enjoyed them, I did a little ABX'ing and was doing well. I took them to class and my friend wanted to listen. He payed my $35 on the spot. Now I'm going to buy another pair later on tonight. I think these are great, ESPECIALLY for their price. I can't wait to have $300+ to spend on some REAL cans.

Thank you, Head-Fi.

$35 on the spot, nice!

Any one be able to measure the dimensions for the Head phone decals? My son likes dinosaurs. Would like to get some custom t-rex stickers for his phones.

Check Amazon and search HP541 decals, there might be a dinosaur one.

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #122 of 273
had some for a week now. I will flat out say these arent m50 killers or whatnot.

however, for 20$, these are very fun headphones, i like them more than the panasonic 600s that are making the rounds now

Oct 27, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #123 of 273
I believe they do have similarities but I find the Pannies WAY MORE COMFORTABLE and bass sounds better too. Both of them lack details on the highs but FUN they definitely are!

Nov 1, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #124 of 273
I recently my MHP-839's a listen after being spoiled by the neutral sound and broad soundstage the Ultrasone HFI-580's provide.

I noticed the bass was a bit muddy but the mids really shined, I should re-vise my review a bit. heh

Nov 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #125 of 273
Other than price, how do these monoprice/kicker cans compare with:
 sony xb700
 JVC HARX700
 Klipsch Image One

Thanks in advance

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #126 of 273
Got an email from Monoprice last week saying they restocked these headphones. I jumped on it and ordered a pair within 30 minutes, and got them the other day. My goodness these are amazing. $22 for headphones that blow my Audio Technica ATH-M35's out of the water and rival my Monster Turbines?? For a price that low, these are a steal. My only grips about them are the comfort, they're kinda tight for me and I have a slightly smaller head than most people. Other than that, it's money well-spent.

Dec 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #128 of 273

Quote:
 JVC HARX700

Im on the same boat. Anyone want to share experience? how do they sound compared to the JVC's? 

Dec 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #129 of 273

Quick unboxing video~! So far I am quite impressed with these headphones. 
tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2011 at 7:25 AM Post #130 of 273
side by side, I have the rx700, monoprice, and image one. had the sony long ago.

the klipsch image one is very bass heavy, made to sound fun from a weak source like an ipod. recessed mids and highs, really not made for the Headfi crowd.

the monoprice has a small stage, very in-your-face, slightly cold, harsh sound, doesnt extend to the lowest bass notes or highest treble notes, but still rather full range. can be overpowering on bass heavy overly compressed tracks 

the rx700 has a medium stage, more extension both directions than the monoprice, warmer, less harsh. (looks and feels better too)

the sony-from memory- large stage, very warm huge bass, but muddy sound, recessed highs. 

I would still rate the jvc best out of the group, with the monoprice 2nd. if u need portable tho, the monoprice is better

Quote:
 sony xb700
 JVC HARX700
 Klipsch Image One

Thanks in advance

Dec 14, 2011 at 1:48 PM Post #131 of 273

Quote:
side by side, I have the rx700, monoprice, and image one. had the sony long ago.

the klipsch image one is very bass heavy, made to sound fun from a weak source like an ipod. recessed mids and highs, really not made for the Headfi crowd.

the monoprice has a small stage, very in-your-face, slightly cold, harsh sound, doesnt extend to the lowest bass notes or highest treble notes, but still rather full range. can be overpowering on bass heavy overly compressed tracks 

the rx700 has a medium stage, more extension both directions than the monoprice, warmer, less harsh. (looks and feels better too)

the sony-from memory- large stage, very warm huge bass, but muddy sound, recessed highs. 

I would still rate the jvc best out of the group, with the monoprice 2nd. if u need portable tho, the monoprice is better

Thanks!  I think I'll hold off on the monoprice now, until I really need to buy some cables from them so I can combine shipping.  Besides, I am running out of places to hang my headphones :p

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #132 of 273
Glad to see more users of the MHP-839's. :D

Haven't touched my pair for a while though since Ive upgraded. I find using the MHP-839 pads on my Ultrasone DJ1's makes them much more comfortable and easier to wear over long periods of time.

Dec 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #134 of 273
LOL DJ RAVINE!

Sorry this is a bit out of topic, but how much hardstyle and/or EDM dance events is there in US.

I've seen DJ ravine IRL at one of those 'events'/raves and tbh I don't like his happy hardcore.

Dec 29, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #135 of 273

Quote:
LOL DJ RAVINE!

Sorry this is a bit out of topic, but how much hardstyle and/or EDM dance events is there in US.

I've seen DJ ravine IRL at one of those 'events'/raves and tbh I don't like his happy hardcore.

I chilled with Ravine back stage before his set and saw him play live when he came to play here in San Francisco not to long ago. :p

There's lots of EDM events in the US. Just look for promoters in your area through Facebook, check coffee shops record stores, and college campuses. I see lots of rave flyers in those area's. Record stores generally have an event wall for people to put up flyers for an upcoming show in your surrounding area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back