Monolith M1060C Closed Back Planar Headphones impressions
Mar 6, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #226 of 1,409
lets take a minute and appreciate this post. so you think that the fact that nobody talks about this one, suggests that it is a brilliant product. This is the level of expert commentary that ya'll need to aspire to folks.

I read it completely different: I read it as wondering whether it was the case and lamenting that no one would know because no one has posted about it. :)

Mar 6, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #227 of 1,409
Oh, and yesterday I had my second episode of volume drop in the right channel... And again, it was fixed by playing at high volume for a few seconds, as suggested by @SomeTechNoob.

Both times, the volume drop has come after an overnight of continuous burn-in...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #228 of 1,409
Funnily enough I came across the same issue after a day of burn in.

Monoprice listed my RMA as a "need to replace" so hopefully I can get in a new set by the end of the week.

Mar 6, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #230 of 1,409
Eikon suedes just got here, slapped them on using existing adhesive and they sound great. Super comfy, alot better then stock for sure. No a huge change in sound either so thats a plus.

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #231 of 1,409
Oh, and yesterday I had my second episode of volume drop in the right channel... And again, it was fixed by playing at high volume for a few seconds, as suggested by @SomeTechNoob.

Both times, the volume drop has come after an overnight of continuous burn-in...
i just requested refund , mine also developed the same issue but to left cup ...
grrrr i hoped to keep them ,, strangely i have the 1st gen of 1060 and it working perfect:wink:

Mar 6, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #232 of 1,409
i just requested refund , mine also developed the same issue but to left cup ...
grrrr i hoped to keep them ,, strangely i have the 1st gen of 1060 and it working perfect:wink:
Silly question perhaps; is the drop noticeable to anyone or just to a trained ear so to speak? I think I'll wait for the revised version on these but taking note of inherent flaws as well as people's preferences (i.e., not actual flaws in the equipment but the sound signature not what they prefer etc.).

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #233 of 1,409
Silly questions perhaps; is the drop noticeable to anyone or just to a trained ear so to speak? I think I'll wait for the revised version on these but taking note of inherent flaws as well as people's preferences (i.e., not actual flaws in the equipment but the sound signature not what they prefer etc.).
i checked it with my brother , he heard it also ,, so i think it will be very obvious and clear for anyone.

Mar 6, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #235 of 1,409
Silly question perhaps; is the drop noticeable to anyone or just to a trained ear so to speak? I think I'll wait for the revised version on these but taking note of inherent flaws as well as people's preferences (i.e., not actual flaws in the equipment but the sound signature not what they prefer etc.).

It's a really dramatic change that I think everyone would notice. The first time it happened, the volume in the right channel dropped by ~70%

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #237 of 1,409
lets take a minute and appreciate this post. so you think that the fact that nobody talks about this one, suggests that it is a brilliant product. This is the level of expert commentary that ya'll need to aspire to folks.
Clearly you didn’t understand my post. I was in no way suggesting or declaring anything. I was asking if anyone had purchased the M565C instead of the M1060C. I ask this because I believe the M1060C has garnered all the attention and that the M565C has been, for the most part overlooked in favor of the larger headphone. I went on to muse that it would be ashame if it turned out to be a really great headphone that was overlooked simply because it was released at the same time as the larger M1060C and no one gave it a try. I was in no way trying to put forth an “Expert Commentary”. I was simply posing a question. I’m sorry “ya’ll” didn’t comprehend that.

Lasher

Mar 6, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #239 of 1,409
Clearly you didn’t understand my post. I was in no way suggesting or declaring anything. I was asking if anyone had purchased the M565C instead of the M1060C. I ask this because I believe the M1060C has garnered all the attention and that the M565C has been, for the most part overlooked in favor of the larger headphone. I went on to muse that it would be ashame if it turned out to be a really great headphone that was overlooked simply because it was released at the same time as the larger M1060C and no one gave it a try. I was in no way trying to put forth an “Expert Commentary”. I was simply posing a question. I’m sorry “ya’ll” didn’t comprehend that.

Lasher
If it makes you feel better, that's exactly what I thought you meant

Mar 6, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #240 of 1,409
Ordered dynmat extreme and a compass cutter, coz reasons and every closed can needs lawtonesque modding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back