Modhouse Audio Argon - T50RP MK2/3 & T60RP
Sep 8, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #153 of 1,326
What ye guys powering them with? I was using an xDuoo TA-01 which had plenty of power 2100mw @32ohms.

Sep 8, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #154 of 1,326
What ye guys powering them with? I was using an xDuoo TA-01 which had plenty of power 2100mw @32ohms.

Yeah even a Chord Mojo can sufficiently power the Argon. Though I've only used the Argon Mk3 with a Chord Hugo 2.

Someone requested pics, well it just looks like a T50RP MK3 with ZMF pads and an inner headband for the most part.

N48JIrL.jpg

9fseBa9.jpg

Does have a Modhouse logo though

VU2FNoB.jpg

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #155 of 1,326
Emotiva A100 which is perfect. Pumps roughly 8w into 50 ohms and these phones seem to be able to take that sort of power without distortion.

Sounds like a small set of speakers when these are cranked up beyond normal listening levels

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #157 of 1,326
Mine:

i-8x4jJcS.jpg

i-5m3KvD6-X3.jpg

Took the headband covering off and heat shrinked the metal band before sending them off for the Argon modding. Temporarily taped the wire going across the headband, will be 3D printing some retainer clips for it. Using with Gustard H10 which is specced to provide 2.7watts @ 50ohms.
Nice, I like it. Do you recall the size of the heat shrink you used?

Sep 8, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #159 of 1,326
I just received mine! So happy! I'm impressed by the comfort of these. The weight is distributed evenly.

So, I'm just wondering .. would these be considered bass-heavy headphones? :p

Sep 9, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #160 of 1,326
Mine:

i-8x4jJcS.jpg

i-5m3KvD6-X3.jpg

Took the headband covering off and heat shrinked the metal band before sending them off for the Argon modding. Temporarily taped the wire going across the headband, will be 3D printing some retainer clips for it. Using with Gustard H10 which is specced to provide 2.7watts @ 50ohms.

Why did you do that?

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #162 of 1,326
What about the sound

So far I think that the bass is wonderful. It has the right amount of body and weight for my liking (these are definitely my bass-head headphones). The sound-stage is immensely wide, although I don't think there is as much depth. The highs are there, but I believe that a tad bit behind the mid-range and bass. The mid-range is great -- it seems neutral to me. These honestly sound a bit like a U-shaped sound signature to me.

These are also amazing for gaming and movies.

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #163 of 1,326
So far I think that the bass is wonderful. It has the right amount of body and weight for my liking (these are definitely my bass-head headphones). The sound-stage is immensely wide, although I don't think there is as much depth. The highs are there, but I believe that a tad bit behind the mid-range and bass. The mid-range is great -- it seems neutral to me. These honestly sound a bit like a U-shaped sound signature to me.

These are also amazing for gaming and movies.
What earpads are you using?

Sep 10, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #164 of 1,326
What earpads are you using?

Lambskin .. but I might switch to protein leather because my ears do get a bit sweaty with the real leather.
I also ordered the deer-skin strap from Mod House Audio because the Massdrop T-XO strap doesn't hug the head much.
I wish these stayed more securely on my noggin', but maybe I'll just bend the headband in more!

Sep 10, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #165 of 1,326
Lambskin .. but I might switch to protein leather because my ears do get a bit sweaty with the real leather.
I also ordered the deer-skin strap from Mod House Audio because the Massdrop T-XO strap doesn't hug the head much.
I wish these stayed more securely on my noggin', but maybe I'll just bend the headband in more!

The protein pads may not be any less sweaty; they are probably if anything less breathable. Perforated pads will breathe better but also sound different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back