Modding the Kanen km-880 woodie
Jun 13, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #91 of 101
I usually put this KM-880 on when I work out, and I have to admit that they're well worth the $12 shipped I paid for them...thick bass, no soundstage, ugly mids, inexistent trebles...but perfect for the price and for working out
cool.gif

Jun 7, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #96 of 101
My woodies have been delivered, but one of the ears doesn't work. You wouldn't happen to know where I can source some 40mm drivers and I'll attempt the mod you've shown with just a whiff of solder? Much obliged.

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #97 of 101
I had these and the right driver busted after about two weeks of use.

I had some Senny 212's with crusty mouldy earpads that werent getting much love and decided to spend as little effort as possible to combine and make some comfortable, ghetto looking reggae headphones.

Say what you will about the aesthetics - they stay comfortable and certainly wont get stolen any time soon. :)

franken-01.jpg

franken-02.jpg

franken-03.jpg

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #98 of 101
I had these and the right driver busted after about two weeks of use.

I had some Senny 212's with crusty mouldy earpads that werent getting much love and decided to spend as little effort as possible to combine and make some comfortable, ghetto looking reggae headphones.

Say what you will about the aesthetics - they stay comfortable and certainly wont get stolen any time soon. :)

franken-01.jpg

franken-02.jpg

franken-03.jpg

Aug 18, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #99 of 101
One interesting thing to note,  the 212's ear jack board for the earpiece lined up almost perfectly to the cup screw hole on the kanens.  could screw right through it to secure its positioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back