Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Mar 11, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #2,388 of 2,966
Yeah, I agree with that. I buy Norne cables bc they are great but also bc I love me some Trevor @ Norne.
I bought Schiit Gumby n Yggy bc I love their story and want a DAC from The Legend himself, Mike Moffat.
I bought Flux Mentor bc it's great but also a company I wanted to support out in Kharkiv Ukraine.
Can't wait to have Ryan's cans in hand, either, as he is a great guy and now becoming a legend in his own right.
I’m in the UK, and in the headphone world high end headphones are non existent, we do at least have some serious cable makers (inc Tungsten’s Viking Weave), Mark Grant, Oidio. UK hifi components are a price beyond my wallet

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #2,389 of 2,966
I’m in the UK, and in the headphone world high end headphones are non existent, we do at least have some serious cable makers (inc Tungsten’s Viking Weave), Mark Grant, Oidio. UK hifi components are a price beyond my wallet
Warwick headphones are pretty high-end and UK made.

Mar 11, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #2,391 of 2,966
Mar 11, 2024 at 1:07 PM Post #2,392 of 2,966
Mar 11, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #2,394 of 2,966
that was the "beyond my wallet" reference lol.
At least for me they are.
there's the chord mojo 2 which I think it's about $650 usd last time I check, so it's no super mega expensive, but yes, chord even on the lowest range of it's line it's super mega expensive. I get you my dude.

Mar 11, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #2,395 of 2,966
There's also Chord.
Well, if we are not only talking about headphones, then there are plenty of British Hi-Fi manufacturers: iFi, AMR, Naim, dCS, KEF, Bowers & Wilkins, Cambridge Audio and many more.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #2,396 of 2,966
there's the chord mojo 2 which I think it's about $650 usd last time I check, so it's no super mega expensive, but yes, chord even on the lowest range of it's line it's super mega expensive. I get you my dude.
Even with UK made products its not all that common for them to be decently cheaper in the UK!

But the mojo 2 in the uk is way cheaper£395/$500.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #2,397 of 2,966
Even with UK made products its not all that common for them to be decently cheaper in the UK!

But the mojo 2 in the uk is way cheaper£395/$500.
In exchange we pay 20% import tax on everything from the USA and from the rest of the world.

Mar 11, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #2,398 of 2,966
In exchange we pay 20% import tax on everything from the USA and from the rest of the world.
I forgotten the product/company, that something British made but they were selling cheaper in the US than the UK inc US Tax too (roughly).

But yes importing is a pain. The Tungstens will be less of bargain when my pair arrives.

Sadly the days of $2 to the £ are long gone.

While waiting I am tempted by some ZMF's.

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #2,399 of 2,966
I forgotten the product/company, that something British made but they were selling cheaper in the US than the UK inc US Tax too (roughly).

But yes importing is a pain. The Tungstens will be less of bargain when my pair arrives.

Sadly the days of $2 to the £ are long gone.

While waiting I am tempted by some ZMF's.
Well Brexit is partly to blame , but, the tariffs Trump Admin put in and were continued by Biden Admin (trying to say this without politically venting) aren't helping things either. And supply chain issues continue as well.

Mar 11, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #2,400 of 2,966
It’s anti-dumping measures. The foreign goods were artificially cheap due to their government subsidies which made home grown operations uncompetitive. The Chinese subsidized their manufacturing and the US subsidize our farms. This is also why the French farmers are protesting too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back