Mod House Audio Tungsten - Planar Magnetic Headphones - Impressions and Discussion
Feb 26, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #2,043 of 3,041
I've seen some posted and they're instantly removed. Could've been scams, but they seemed legit. The comments were quite spicy on those posts. 😂
The one I saw was a new user account. Didn't seem legit and there weren't any comments on it but by the time I went to check on it later it was deleted.

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #2,044 of 3,041
I’ve had these for a couple days. Initial impressions are pretty positive. MJ3 does a solid job IMO. Definitely need to use the 6v option from the DAC vs 2v.
They’re a pretty neutral headphone. I don’t have the Susvara side by side but I can see/hear the similarities. Not as much impact as the Utopia, and doesn’t seem to have as much sub bass as the Susvara from memory but still very good overall for the price.
The stage width and depth are very good off my chain. The layering is also another standout. Timbre seems very good too.

Makes me wonder how the Sus would do off this chain….
IMG_0893.jpeg

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #2,045 of 3,041
I’ve had these for a couple days. Initial impressions are pretty positive. MJ3 does a solid job IMO. Definitely need to use the 6v option from the DAC vs 2v.
They’re a pretty neutral headphone. I don’t have the Susvara side by side but I can see/hear the similarities. Not as much impact as the Utopia, and doesn’t seem to have as much sub bass as the Susvara from memory but still very good overall for the price.
The stage width and depth are very good off my chain. The layering is also another standout. Timbre seems very good too.

IMG_0893.jpeg
We will certainly see very different reviews of these depending on the chain used.

Some say they out-bass the LCD-4, others say even the Susvara has stronger subbass... completely opposite Statements

Feb 26, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #2,046 of 3,041
Yeah, I think it’ll depend on the chain. I still think the Sus goes lower tho. This may have more weight to it so it comes off as more.
And I think the Sus hit harder. But that’s from memory and using the Sus off the Envy.

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #2,049 of 3,041
sus is also famously source dependent, so sus on an A90 might be a limp noodle while sus on speaker amp might dig deep and hit hard. Important to factor in when reading comparisons.
Yeah, I’d say the same for the tungsten.

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #2,050 of 3,041

IMG_0893.jpeg
If your version is ds you might need the hybrid pad for more bass.

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #2,051 of 3,041
Is there anywhere that actually sells these? Looks quite unavailable.
SGP1 has been sold on Linsoul... I hope they'll come out with new model.

BUT! There is another speaker amp that can do the job amazingly: T.Amp 150. Get 2 of them for just under $400 and put them in bridge mode. You'll have similar performance as SGP1.

IMG_9299.jpg

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #2,052 of 3,041
The good thing is. In case you don't like them they are probably the easiest headphone to sell right now.
except on Headfi (they take down all tungsten ads right now)

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #2,053 of 3,041
If your version is ds you might need the hybrid pad for more bass.
It is. I have both pads. Hybrid is installed and offers the most bass.

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #2,054 of 3,041
But isn’t it nice to see they are not being flipped tho.
oh, people are trying but mods are on protection mode, which is a good thing to help keep the angst down.

Feb 26, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #2,055 of 3,041
Nice to see them stopping those and not real scams 😅

More worried about F&F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back