Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified Headphone Goodness - Head-Fi TV
Aug 27, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #151 of 389
  Are they so heavy that you wouldn't be able to sit through an entire work day with them on your head?

I can't believe all the people going on about the weight of these! It's 440 grams! Not even a pound. Or, the weight of a small can of baked beans! It's not like they weigh the same as a brick! 

And saying you can't wear them for more than 15 minutes at a time because of the weight? really? You must have zero muscles in your neck? For example a standard football helmet weighs 5 pounds! More than 5 times what these weigh.. And does a football helmet feel so heavy that you have to take it off after 15 minutes?

Seriously? It's less than a pound! I think you guys have more of a problem with the clamping then the weight...

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #152 of 389
Heck, I'm considering buying a LCD-XC which I think is around 1.5x the weight.  That one I'm a little curious about how the weight will feel.

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #153 of 389
  Heck, I'm considering buying a LCD-XC which I think is around 1.5x the weight.  That one I'm a little curious about how the weight will feel.

Yeah, they weigh 600 grams, which is "heavy" but still 4 times lighter than a football helmet!..

Also, considering the Sennheiser HD800's(which I consider to be feather light) weigh only 110grams less(the size of a large candy bar) than the Blue's, I don't understand why people are going on like they weigh 440 pounds instead of less than 1 pound?

Aug 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #155 of 389

They are heavy!
And for the money, meh, I preferred my Alpha Dogs... but this is not a thread to discuss that... visit the XC thread for more :wink:

Yeah, they weigh 600 grams, which is "heavy" but still 4 times lighter than a football helmet!..

Also, considering the Sennheiser HD800's(which I consider to be feather light) weigh only 110grams less(the size of a large candy bar) than the Blue's, I don't understand why people are going on like they weigh 440 pounds instead of less than 1 pound?

I wonder how many hours do you listen to music via headphones each day/week... I do at least 35 hours a week. A heavy headphone like the LCD-XC is definitely something you feel quite fast, especially if you work sitting down in front of a monitor for 8 - 12 hours a day. It all depends on the situation as I'm pretty sure that if I was moving about, it wouldn't feel as heavy as when you are static, on the same position for at least 30 minutes (ergo breaks!).

I also wonder... what are you a "Doctor" of... ... ... well, at least you lack bedside manners so... you are on your way...

:p

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #157 of 389
Originally Posted by marcoarment /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That will depend entirely on who you ask. In my opinion, yes, they're definitely too heavy and with too much clamping force for all-day use. But I'm sure some will disagree.

I can wear the heavier HE-6 for hours with only mild fatigue, but I can't wear the Mo-Fi for more than about 15 minutes at a time.

I was just listening to the Mo-Fi for the past hour or so, and while it is on the heavier side of headphones I've been wearing lately (Sennheiser Amperior, Sennheiser MOMENTUM, V-MODA M-80, and Shure SRH940), I still had no issue while wearing it.  It has been sounding great while listening to Lourde, the Civil Wars, Pearl Jam, and Die Antwoord.

Aug 27, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #158 of 389
As I said earlier, the weight of this headphones is about as same as older model of LCD-2r (remind you newer fezzer ones are heavier)

I don't think the weight issue is that severe since a lot of people love LCD-2 as well.... but the clamping issue can be problematic.

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #159 of 389
I still think they look very medical apparatus like, but that might be a fun thing. I would like to see some pictures of people actually wearing them. As well, a concern of mine would be if one device fails, two devices go down right? I assume the headphones would still work without the amp if it failed, but you then have dead gear strapped to your head. Anyway, hard to not be intrigued, but going to have to wait and see more.

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #163 of 389

I was just listening to the Mo-Fi for the past hour or so, and while it is on the heavier side of headphones I've been wearing lately (Sennheiser Amperior, Sennheiser MOMENTUM, V-MODA M-80, and Shure SRH940), I still had no issue while wearing it.  It has been sounding great while listening to Lourde, the Civil Wars, Pearl Jam, and Die Antwoord.

Lorde and Die Antwoord in the same sentence! WOW!

Aug 27, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #165 of 389
I see no problem with trying to come up with a unique, or at least inventive, solution to an everyday concern.  I know at least for me, the comfort of a headphone is certainly a concern.  It's kept me from enjoying at least one headphone I loved the sound of, eventually sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back